Florida-South Florida
Options

Dismissing a BM

Ok I know I am going to sound a little B*tchy, but when I first got engaged I did a few mistakes and one of them was asking certain ppl to be BMs. I think things went to my head too quickly. Well 2 years into our engagement and now we are finally getting the ball rolling. I really don’t want to have certain ppl I asked to be in my BP  anymore. They are Fi’s  close family friends and we use to be closer but right now we have not really have much contact with them. Once in a while we see them. I still want them to go to the wedding I just don’t want them in the BP. How Do I get out of this mess without hurting anyone’s feelings?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
image 157 Invited
image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: March 31

Re: Dismissing a BM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have they asked anything about the wedding in these past two years, or at all when you do hang out?

I had a "friend" who I asked to be one of my bridesmaids when I first got engaged. Well, things happened, our friendship fell apart and when the wedding planning got started, she was not a part of it. 

If they have been asking, I'd just be honest with them. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They haven't asked at all about the wedding...So I guess that is a good sign.
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, to avoid the ackwardness, I would just "forget" that I even asked them. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree! Forget that you asked them! HAHA, probably not the best etiquette though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Just forget it.
  • Options
    Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreeing with pp. If she hasn't even mentioned anything I suggest you don't either

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thx girls I am just going to send them a wedding invite and act like nothing ever happened
    image 157 Invited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards