Florida-South Florida
Options

Bridal Party Numbers

Now that we have the date & venue, we have to decide on our bridal party. This has been a topic of conservation for the past month. Such a hard decision. How many people are you having? Our wedding is about 150 people, how many BP members do you think is too much?

If you had a problem cutting back, did you give them other jobs? Like what?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Bridal Party Numbers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having about 130 - 150 guests and I have 6 BMs and 6 GMs. I say pick as many or as little as you want because it's really up to you.

The best advice I can give is take your time picking them because things happen and people who you may think would be great in your wedding party turn out to have been mistakes. Wait and think throughly.

I picked my MOH (my sister) rather soon and even though i kind of had to pick her, I wouldve much rathered to have picked my best friend.

Take your time and good luck!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The best advice I can give is take your time picking them because things happen and people who you may think would be great in your wedding party turn out to have been mistakes. Wait and think throughly.
    Yes!
    We are having about 75 people and are having 5 each. Pick as many as you want. The number of guests do not dictate the number in your bridal party. If you want to cut back maybe have them do a reading.
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having about 150 people and currently have 5 BM's. Although, that is probably going to go down to 4 very soon, with no plans to replace the 5th. 
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are hoping for 60 people max but inviting 120. We each are planning on having 5. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having around 100 people and have 4 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen. There's no rule that states how many people should be in a wedding party. We ended up choosing people who really meant something to us and would want next to us on the big day. Just do what feels right! :) 

Also, as far as other jobs... Both of our older sisters are going to be readers at our ceremony. We knew they didn't feel comfortable being party of the wedding party, but still wanted to give them an important and significant role. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having 150 people and originally decided on 3 (our sisters) because I never liked the idea of a huge BP BUT, It was botherin me for a while that I didn't have my best friends in my wedding. I realized it was more important to me to have them there than keep with my "small/minimal look". Sooo I asked two of my best friends to be BMs too in the middle our engagement and they/I have never been happier! I can't believe I thought about not having them in my BP before. Other tasks I had thought to give them prior to my decision was readings and gift bearing (Catholic ceremony). Go with your gut regardless of numbers is my best advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your advice. I think we are going to have to have 8 on each side. I went over the poeple yesterday with my MOH & FI and we just can't cut anyone. I think to make it look a little better I'm going to have most of them sit in the first row rather than standing by me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards