Florida-South Florida
Options

Sarasota

FI and I are going there this weekend to check out the area, look at where we would want to live if we moved there :(
Has anyone been there/lived there to give me some insight? I'm scared it is going to be boring!!

Re: Sarasota

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is boring :S Why are you going out there?
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ahhh :(  FI got offered a job.. So we may be moving.. Will I hate it?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its VERY slow there. Not very active since 70% of the population is over 55.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it over there.  It's slower but there are things to do.  I have family in North Port and Venice (not far from Sarasota).  Bradenton is close and there are things to do there. You're also going to be about an hour away from Tampa. 

I love everything about being over there. Different strokes I suppose.  I don't care for going out as much anymore so missing the "night life" wouldn't bother me. And I'd much rather raise childeren over there then here.  Don't be sad, embrace it.  You may like it more then you think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ook I do like a slower pace, It is a little too crazy for me here, esp in South Beach. Too many tourists. I def want to be someplace slower to raise kids. I also like that it is not far from here. His parents will also be only 45 minutes away which is good too because his dad is older and we will be able to see them more than once a year. I am a little excited to start something new. We are also looking at Bradenton.
    Maybe I can start a yoga on the beach for the retired! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anna Marie Island is off of Brandeton and Its one of my favorite places to be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fam lives in Bradenton and they have great schools there so maybe that is a better option than living in Sarasota, since it is close? Good luck, you never know...maybe it will be a great move!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I heard the beaches around there are gorgeous.. im dying to move upstate! I too enjoy the slower life style... And like they said your near Tampa so if you ever need a night life you can always drive right over :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

ok you girls made me feel a little better! I will let you know how it goes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards