Florida-South Florida

Coming to Ft Lauderdale..

We are staying in Ft Lauderdale for a few days after our cruise gets back and I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on what to do?? What is a good seafood restaurant to eat at? Are any cool things happening in November? We are staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 if that helps.  Any ideas would be great!

Re: Coming to Ft Lauderdale..

• mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For seafood I know that 15th Street Fisheries is really popular and it's right near Pier 66.  Of course, this is Fort Lauderale so there are a ton of good seafood places.  As for things to do there is great nightlife downtown and on the beach.  I believe the Water Taxi offers different tours around Fort Lauderdale.  I live here and that's something I've always wanted to do.  You can get an all day pass for $20 and they have lots of stops.  Also there's the Jungle Queen boat for a tour.  There's a ton of shops and restaurants on Las Olas Boulevard downtown.  If you want to see some of historical Fort Lauderdale you could see the Stranahan House.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Try casablancas on the beach for great seafood and awesome martinis - it's a small place down on a1a right south of the ritz but so good and cute and great views - I love it's away a little from the bars and stuff but afterwards you can walk to beachplace for some great casual drinks - they have lulus with fish bowls of mixed drinks. You're also close to the marriot beach harbor hotel and I really love their beach bar. You could also do one of the boat tours or rene jetskis or go parassiling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jmsw143jmsw143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second water taxi! http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/
    It has a bunch of stops and you can get on/off all day/night. It even takes you down to South Beach.

Or this is a great site for things to do.
    http://www.sunny.org/visitors/

Or maybe airboat tour in the everglades?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards