Florida-South Florida

New at this and overwhelmed!

Started looking at venues but everything seems over budget. Trying to spend less than 10k for 150 people. Like Cauley Square but don't know where to start for outside vendors. Any tips?

Re: New at this and overwhelmed!

• edited December 2011

Well I personally would first start to look at catering. There are a few vendors that are like planners also and can provide a lot of things in the packages. That sounds like it would be good for you to keep cost low. I do not have suggestions but I know some girls here are using services like that so I am sure they will provide some. GL and dont worry it will get better!

• edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! where are you looking? Palm Beach? Broward? Dade? or all

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JessieG05JessieG05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now mainly Dade. I went and visited Cauley Square this morning, and its beautiful. I'm just not sure what I'm getting into having to contract each thing (food, chairs, alcohol) separately vs. a place that offers a whole package.
  • adclovesadcloves member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree you should start looking for the caterer. Many offer everything. Chairs, tables and some even can provide floral services. If you are within a certain budget, the caterer will set the pace for how much you can spend without going over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I knew I had one saved somewhere.. try calling them and finding out 

Event's on a Budget  www.eventsonabudget.com

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I just sent them an inquiry. Has anyong heard of Victorino Event Planning? They were recommended by a venue I visited.
  • edited December 2011
    Never heard of them.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you should start with catering, many do offer full or partial service packages that could really help you reign in your costs.

Events on a Budget & A Matter of Taste are two I had looked at.
  • djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Events on a Budget. They are not answering emails due to the holidays but will starting Jan 3rd. My daughter considered Cauley Square but in their contract, they said they had the option to cancel the event in case of bad weather. That made me very nervous since most of our guests are from out of state/country. I guess with any venue- just read the contract very carefully. My daughter eventually chose Miami Beach Botanical Garden.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out http://www.bestmiamiweddings.com/ they have packages that start at $39.90pp. HTH :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip about events on a budget. I'll wait til next year to hear back from them. Will also look into the bestmiamiweddings website too! So much stuff to go over, I went from ecstatic to overwhelmed. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards