Florida-South Florida
Options

I need an honest opinion from my knotties

maybe this is an un-bridely question to ask but... How important are the invitations really on a scale of 1-10?

Personally this is really on the bottom of my list priority wise. I would hand write a note to every one but I know I can't. I am not even paying for my invites, my best friend's mother is a handmade invitation maker and has offered to make our invites as a gift but I still need to give her ideas and I'm soooooo blah about it. I keep putting it off but my wedding is four months away and she hasnt even started because I have given her any ideas. I was trying to get ideas and I feel like it's just paper who cares?!

Any pointers on picking the right one?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
imageimage

Re: I need an honest opinion from my knotties

• Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The invitation sets the tone for your wedding, so i think its very important. Ex: If your having a beach wedding/outdoors, it will probably be more casual and laid back. If your having a wedding in this high end ballroom and super elegant decor, then you want your invitations to portray that.

What is your theme and your vision for your wedding? Maybe i can help you look. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you thank you thank you

I really dont have a theme i guess. I'm just going for the "a little goes a long way" theme lol simplicity simplicity simplicity! My life is such a complication and I want my wedding to be simple and classic. The colors Im using are green and coral but I don't think I want my invitations to have too much color, maybe just a little ribbon or something. i feel so un-bridely when it comes to think, like I'm not inspired! I feel like i hit a mental block when it came to the invitations :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i was coming on here to post about my invites lol...i am having the same problems with invites...i picked some cheap easy ones and everyone was like they are  "cute" which is fine im not picky now my moh says she just plain doesnt care for them and printing some would be better ..im just really not that into invites...lol

• Options
    edited December 2011

Here are a few samples, you can incorporate some of your colors =)

Good Luck!

• Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, perfect. I already have the vision in mind.

Just 2 more questions. Whats the name of your venue and what is your email?

I will email you some ideas by tonight ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!! this is much appreciated
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we all have something that is totally un-inspiring for us. It sounds like yours is invitations.

It's important to formally invite your guests, but who gives a crap about all that extra stuff? Well, I mean, I cared a lot and went out of my way to make all these extra inserts and do all the embossing myself. That's not for everyone though.

I'd just tell your friend's mom you want simple, your colors are green and coral, and maybe find if she can incorporate a ribbon, and then let her design them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the pointers ladies.

Patty: My venue (for now is the rusty pelican , we might be changing it soon)
    and my email is vbarrios17@yahoo.com (again thanks a million)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If your best friend's mom is an invitation maker, maybe just give her your colors, tell her you want "classic," "simple," etc. and let her run with it!  Sometimes other people have great ideas that we could have never come up with on our own :)  My brother is a graphic designer and designed my invites and save-the-dates with not too much guidance, and they came out great!  He's much more creative and "visual" than me, so I left a lot up to him and loved the results. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree that the invites set the tone for your wedding, and I think it's just something that you'll know when you see something that matches your theme and just go from there.  I don't think it's the end of the world, but definitely something to think about it - and quick. 
  • Options
    KimA85KimA85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    vleon...
    I feel your pain.  I could care less about the invitations.  I wish I could just task my mom with them, but I question her taste sometimes.  :P  I'll probably just pick up some from Michael's and throw some extra ribbon or rhinestones on them
    Counting down until our 4th of July arrival! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards