Florida-South Florida
Options

Intervention needed to save life of future husband

So - I have to vent a bit.....

He has two wedding tasks - invitations and DJ.  (we wont be addressing the dj issue here) I have been freaking out on a daily basis because of invitations.  We are in double digits this week.  So after weeks of me nagging him about invitations he decides to design them and make them himself.  Fast forward through a million "samples" and mind changes etc and he finally decides on something (they are actually really beautiful).  They were all printed and ready on Friday - (I was in the hosptial and insisted he NOT come be with me until he finished printing the invitations!! obsessed much?)

Soo - off for caligraphy and wax sealing this weekend and we planned to go mail them out today.....except when i looked at the finished product last night - THERE IS NO TIME LISTED FOR THE CEREMONY ON THE INVITATION.  So basically we now have to re-do all the invitations, order new envelopes, re-address them all - because someone forgot to proof-read.  DidntInnocent kill him last night but I've been thinking bout it all day........
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intervention needed to save life of future husband

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OH. MY.

Wow.  Bad bad bad fiance!!!!  Man!! He really needs to learn from this one.

Take a HUGE deep breath. Let him work on completing these. When they're done, you proofread them and send them out (if you have time). GAH! I'd flip out too but try not to argue. Just use this energy to move forward and start getting the rest done.
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ouch!! There could be a possible simple fix. Maybe have a stamp created to say "Ceremony at 5:00 p.m. on the terrace" or something like that. You could stamp it on the RSVP card or even the envelope. It's not what you wanted, I'm sure, but it may save a lot of time and money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clovonept - good idea! He is going to try and have his printer use the same ones from before and send them through one more time and print an additional line with the time in the space between our names and the location - If that doesnt work the stamp idea sounds great!!!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ouch! well don't freak out, at least its fixable. men always do things last minute =) hang in there, it will all work out.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow - that's rough! Like PPs have said, just don't stress out too much. I'm sure that FI feels like shiiiiit about it, and is super upset that it happened, even if he isn't showing it. Trying to reprint with an extra line and the stamp are both really good ideas. Good luck!!! 
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow!!! they stamp idea sounds good if the addign another line doesn't work. GL
    I tell you FI are not good for wedding planning..leave it the the professional knotties.. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah!!!!!! well at least he tried! I think the stamp idea was great if not I 'm sure the printer can get it in on one line!!  I'm sure it will be fixed. :) Don't worry- i'm horrible.  It probably would have been me to mess up on the invites.  My FI is the one on top of everything lol!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooohhh!!!  I know you might be mad now but its one of those things that you will look back at and laugh at. 
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that sucks. Well, if adding an extra line doesn't work, I think the stamp is a really good idea. If not you can print like a little card, business card style, with the info. for the ceremony, and add it to the invitation.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Xtra line wont work - neither will the stamp if you can believe that!~ 

So were going with a random card slid into each invitation that says the ceremony will begin at 6 pm with reception to follow - even though the invitations already say coctail reception immediately following ~ I think it looks obvious that we forgot to put the time on it.  I decided that I'm the only one who cares about the invitations anyways and I need to let it go.  I would rather throw that card in there then have all my guests show up whenever they want. 

Oh well - on to other things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards