Florida-South Florida
Options

Dessert/Favors?

Is anyone doing edible favors?  FI wants a dessert other than wedding cake but we really don't want to pay the extra money for an additional sit down dessert.  We were thinking we'd make our favors something edible and sweet to double as our other dessert.  We're considering hiring the Donut Divas for donuts and dipped apples  in take-out boxes.... any other ideas? 

PS-  I'm new on the boards, how do I get one of those fun wedding countdowns on the bottom of my posts?!?!?

Thanks everyone!!
xoxoxo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dessert/Favors?

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, congrats. and welcome to the board.

Secondly, our favors will be all the goodies available at the dessert/candy bar.

Lastly, on the left side of your screen, there should be a link that says "Wedding Tickers," that's where you can get your countdown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome!

I love Donut Divas but I am weird about smelling like donuts.  Haha.

We are planning to have a dessert/candy bar with cupcakes, brownie pops, chocolate covered strawberries, candy, etc.  We wanted something a little more interactive for our guests than just boxed favors.

You can get a wedding countdown from the Knot.  Go to "My profile", "Customize my wedding ticker", "Create a ticker".  Then copy and paste the link into your Signature by going to "Edit my Avatar  & sig"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of edible favors - I really wanted to get brownie pops that look like a bridal dress and a tux - they sell them all over the internet and they are super cute.  but kind of pricey - maybe you can find a local place that can do them.  Some of the girls on the board have done candy or desert bars for their guests also.  I forget who it was that had the valets put a drink and some cookies in everyones cars at the end of the night~ that was a great idea!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Stephanie408Stephanie408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ARose29:  Who is doing your dessert/candy bar?  Brownie pops sound so good!
    Also, I was thinking the same thing about the donuts!!! haha  But totally worth it, they taste amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are purchasing everything and having our Day of Coordinator and Venue Coordinator set it up for us.  There are alot of local places that sell the brownie pops as well as internet companies.  Sweeter Days Bake Shop (local) and Shari's Berries (online) have brownie pops.  Candy's Sweet Treats has awesome cupcake pops too.  There are definitely more, try googling it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the desert/candy bar idea...you should google and see how nice and fun they look...and you can also put little take out boxes so people can take some home if they dont want to eat it there :)
  • Options
    Stephanie408Stephanie408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the ticker info...I did it!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a churros cart from donut divas!!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing chocolate truffles.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to TRY and I repeat TRY to DIY edible favors. I bought chocolate molds from Michaels in seashell shapes and I'm gonna TRY to make them and give each guest 3-4 pieces, depending on how much I get per bag of chocolate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!

I'm doing either cookies or cupcake pops. I've tried donut divas at a few different bridal shows and always found their desserts to be over cooked. Hopefully that's not always the case.

Good luck!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my bestie and BM is doing a candy bar for me as my wedding gift. This will serve as the guests edible favors. =)  There are also super fun to look at!!!

Welcome to the board...& Happy Planning
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did brownies. My cousin is a baker in Georgia and sent them to us a few days before the wedding and we got really cute polka dot boxes that fit them perfectly! She had them wrapped in plastic so the box wouldn't get greasy. Email me if you need more info. They were a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!! zobo410 at yahoo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards