Florida-South Florida
Options

DOC - what are the details?

What exactly are the "details" that a DOC does?  The only thing I can think of is making sure everything is set properly, the vendors are doing what they are supposed to do in a timely fashion, and setting up the name tags.  What else are they supposed to do?

I'm considering a DOC planner cuz everyone always talks about how necessary they are.  But if this is all they do, I can have a family member do this.  I would much rather save the $.

Re: DOC - what are the details?

• Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked a DOC with Events on a Budget. Here's what's included...
    Hope this helps :)

• Unlimited correspondence via phone & email
    • Help with any wedding etiquette questions
    • Create detailed timeline, production schedule, and itinerary of the event
    • Follow-up and confirm with all vendors  & pending dues before wedding
    • Establish specific song & timeline with the Musical Vendor for Grand Entrance, First Dance, Bouquet & Garter Toss, Last Dance and any other special moment the couple would like to request
    • Assist with place cards, guest book, menus, programs, gifts and all set-up
    • Assure all centerpieces, favors, place cards and décor are properly placed in accordance to décor plan
    • Assist with the DJ/Band or Musician before event, attending sound check
    • Handle final payments & gratuities to all vendors
    • On site management & supervision of all vendors, including set up & deliveries. .
    Collection and inventory of wedding items to be setup on wedding day, such as candles, photographs, guest books, we
    • On site management & supervision of all vendors, including set up & deliveries adding favors, toasting glasses, serving sets, programs, seating cards, table numbers, etc

• Attendance & assistance with rehearsal 
    • Attendance & assistance with ceremony coordination at same location as reception
    • Final venue walkthrough –same day as rehearsal
    • 1 On-site coordinator/s for day of the event ( 9 hours)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think booking a DOC is worth it. I'm sure your family members want to enjoy the day with you too. 
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

MariMac, how much do they charge for DOC? 

• Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nina: I forgot if they have different packages for DOC, but mine was around 700
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards