Florida-South Florida
Options

Addressing the Envelopes

I am having trouble trying to figure out how to address the envelopes for the Save the Dates and I will addressing it the same way as the invitations. If you are invitiing a family and are allowing the kids to come as well, how do address the invitation? Do you address it Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and Family? Or is there another way you are supposed to do it? I am not really sure and wanted to make sure I was doing it right! :) TIA girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Addressing the Envelopes

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You would write it as The Smith Family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually wrote mine as: Mr. and Mrs. Fred Smith then on the next line I wrote Mr. Steve Smith (the kid). The kids don't understand it, but it gave the point that the kid was invited. (I didn't invite everyone's kid) Make sense?
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made them with the children on their own line, like this... Mr. and Mrs. Smith Caroline and Jack 123 Jump Street Miami, Fl 12345
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Accordong to my invitation person Kathy you are supposed to address Mr. & Mrs. Joe Smith and Family. If you are inviting more then one child if not you can say. Mr. & Mrs. Joe Smith Miss. Jane Smith This is how i did my STD's and my wedding invites. Which I sent out yesterday!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my STD I just wrote, Mr and Mrs. smith or The Smith Family if I knew they had children. I dont think for the STD its a huge deal.
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like addressing people individually, but it's a personal preference - probably not in line with etiquette lol mine are going to be like Marian's with the kids listed out underneath.

Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards