Florida-South Florida

Need Venue Help

FI and I went around for 6 hours yesterday checking out potential venues and nothing has clicked with us so far.

We looked at:

-Jupiter Beach Resort (too pricey)
-Indian Riverside Park (not too keen on the banquet room)
-The Mansion at Tuckahoe (too pricey)

We tried to look at Harbour Ridge Golf and Yacht Club, but they wouldn't let us in without an appointment.  Also, had the JBR not been too pricey, it still wouldn't have been the one as our sit down dinner and dancing would have been in separate places. 

We are going to have about 75 people and would prefer to be in the Fort Lauderdale - Stuart area.  We are hoping to keep the venue, reception (sit down dinner and alcohol), ceremony under $7500 (I'm starting to wonder if this is even possible).  We would also like to have the ceremony and reception in one place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IMG_6364
"Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg

Re: Need Venue Help

• ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding venue is totally in your price range.  Try www.deercreekflorida.com, it's in Deerfield Beach (Broward County).  We are having a luncheon reception and I was able to negotiate the price down from what is listed.  They are very reasonable, all packages come with open bar and you can have the ceremony theer too at a reasonable cost ($2.50 per chair they set - nothing more).  Hope this helps and good luck!
  • shalyn13shalyn13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poinciana Country Club is in Lake Worth and the packages there are incredibly affordable. Here is there website, http://www.panacheatpoinciana.com/order.html. I am getting married there this fall and with such good prices for the reception I am able to have other things I want, like the photo booth. 
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's about what my venue charges. I'm having about 80 people for food and drinks it's $7,100.00. The ceremony and location are in the same spot. The only thing is it's in Wellington.
    http://www.binksforestgc.com/
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help!  I will check these places out.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • edited December 2011
    ucfandrea i looked at deercreek too, I did not go with that bc my aunt use to live there and the wedding would have been all about her. II have a friend who got married in Jupiter at a country club i thik it was Greg Norman Golf Course. I know this is not the area you want to get married but i knwo someone who got married at boca dunes which is nice and what i remember not a bad price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards