Florida-South Florida
Options

Brain melt (NWR)

I've been a little MIA lately - posting here and there and probably not making much sense.  FI and I have been trying to buy a house for almost two years.  Weve gotten caught up in some bad short sales and it's taken so much longer then we ever thought.  We always thought we would be in our new home BEFORE the wedding.  Well obviously that isnt going to happen and I'm coming to terms with it.  We found our "dream House" back in September 09 and put an offer on it.  Now we thought after all this time that we lost the house last week and we immediately started looking again.  This time with the changes in prices etc..... we had to consider looking in bumblef*&k 40-50 blocks south of where we said we didnt want to look past.  We actually found a place this weekend and put an offer down on monday (we knew we were settling and put a hold on the offer yesterday) - now we find out that our "dream house" got accepted.... only for 15K more than we offered.  Now we feel like we got taken.... After two years of trying and almost 9 months of waiting for this house I feel like I should be really happy and all I am is scared out of my mind.  If someone could take a picture of my brain right now it would look like a caca storm of wedding details, vendor contracts, houses, interest rates, closing costs and thats about it.  The rest is mush.  I cant think about work - havent washed my hair in two days - and I just cant think straight.  I'm supposed to be working right now but I cant.....  Please send me your knottie vibes so that I dont have a complete mental breakdown and get fired in the process!!!
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Brain melt (NWR)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    knottie vibes hun! I know what a hassle it can be! We also are not getting anywhere due to short sales and the stupid banks that own them! Just relax, it will all come together!
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't stress.  I understand the whole house issue.  We took shortsales out of our search completely because I didn't want to go through the hassle.  If the houses you like don't work out, it's because it's not the one.  If it is, everything will work out.

Take a deep breath and relax.  Everything will work itself out. XOXO
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    uscgwife21uscgwife21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knottie vibes!!!

Look at it this way, maybe this is not the house for you because something better will come around for you and your FI! It is hectic enough to plan a wedding let alone buy a house and still be able to function at work. 

I am going to school, working full-time, planning a wedding and a cross country move right after the wedding. It seems like a lot right now but after everything is done I am sure it will be worth all the hard work and you will be back to your normal self and feeling more accomplised than ever!  

Best of luck to you!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I believe everything happens for a reason. I went through the same thing last year (FI and I went the other route and got the place before the wedding) and we had to go through about 5 offers on 5 different places before we got ours. It was devasting everytime it happened... but I am glad it happened that way because it just wasn't meant to be. i just didn't see it then, that it wasn't meant to be. You are a month away from your wedding, don't let it stress you out right now. Maybe after your wedding, take some time to unwind, then start the search again. I bet your dream home will appear with a great price! If you need any help with short sales, let me know... I went through one and yea it took over 4 months to get a response. Undecided

Jessica

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Laughing *devastating*- I am so OCD
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Knottie vibes your way. Just take a deep breath and relax.

geri.........
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knottie vibes hun. Everything will work itself out, you'll see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOOK AT ME IN THE EYE, ADRI (or pretend to, mmk?)

Focus. Wedding. House. You. All important. Very important.

Short sales are a pain in the tush. Absolutely. But if your offer was accepted it's a sign! Hold on to it and fight to the death. I'll be praying for you. Also, hold on to your anity because these a trying times. If you can go through this and come out sane, you're a superwoman.

Focus! Pray. Hold on and stay strong. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Now go wash your hair, stinky.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not 1000% percent sure on the math, and of course, I don't know what your interest rate is... but 15,000 over 30 years... is less than a $50/month increase. The amount is still more than you probably wanted... but when you look at it like that... it's not SO bad.

Especially if you are getting a steal because of the SS. Don't forget that. That helped us when our seller Final offered us at 10K above what we wanted to pay. But our house is worth about 75K MORE than what we got it for so 10K higher than what we offered was still a steal!

So you can either counter back (unless it's a Final Offer - Check with your Agent)... I'm pretty sure you can still do that with SS. It's a pain, but, if they finally gave you an offer... they might be willing to play ball. Or you might lose it.

You can accept the offer as is... Take a deep breath and sleep on it!

Or you can walk away. Your sanity and mental health are more important that what you think is your dream home. You may find something even better.

But like everyone else says... the wedding should be your focus right now. That's enough to drive ANYone crazy!

My thoughts and prayers are with you... I just can't bring myself to say VIBES. lol... My friend sells those... Did that get you to smile? Come on... just a little one. :)

GL and if you need any help, you know we are always here for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything will work out, send you lots of vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lots of knotties vibes your way!!! I am in the same boat we have been looking for a year for a house..it's very stressful and a waiting game. But I am sure everything will work itself out...take a deep breath. good luck with everything.. =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    knottie vibes hun!!! things will work out. =)
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards