Florida-South Florida
Options

opinions please

so i am having an orthodox rabbi marry me, along with having very religious guests at my wedding, so i feel its necessary to cover my shoulders and arms. what do you ladies think would look better with the dress. the dress with matching bolero and just some seleves added on or to have seleves made out of a sheer silk material??
http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?page=2&style=RSM1060

Re: opinions please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all - your dress is stunning!!!!!!  I like the bolero but I think it might be a bit bulky when you add the sleeves.  I think sheer sleeves made for the dress would look better (only my opinion of course) - the right seamstress wil probably know exactly what to do!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for the bolero..its super cute...it looks like it has a little sleeve to it..but if you feel they need to be longer Im sure it will still look good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the bolero...absolutely love it.  But I don't know if I'd like the look with sleeves.  I would either opt for the bolero, or for the gown alone and have sheer sleaves attached to it. 

Congratulations on your dress, it's beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    btw i just had to come back to mention ur dress is stunning!!!! (had the link open in another tab and just looked at it again lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs. The dress is STUNNING and I would go for the bolero.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love your dress Jess. The bolero looks good how it is in the pic but I don't think I would like it if you attached sleeves to it to cover your arms. If you want to cover your arms, I may go with the sheer...just my opinion!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful gown!!! I vote the bolero
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies i appericate it!
  • Options
    SapidonSapidon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  I vote for the Bolero.  I don't think you need to do anything to it though.  I think as long as your shoulders are covered, which they are with the Bolero, that is enough.  (But, I am reform and not orthodox, so I don't know what your rabbi would think is acceptable).  And your dress is absolutely stunning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards