Florida-South Florida
Options

timing

How long do you ladies have between your ceremony start time and reception/cocktail hour start time?

We picked a church this weekend but don't know if we should do the 4 oclock ceremony or the 6 oclock ceremony.  4 would leave 2 hours and wed start cocktails at 6 - the 6 time slot would mean we start cocktails at 7.  Also, the venues are only 2.8 miles from each other so its a quick drive.  Thanks for your input!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: timing

• Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at 2pm and the cocktail hour starts at 4pm. My ceremony site is about 20 minutes away from my reception venue. Our ceremony should last about 30 minutes and then we have 45 minutes to take pictures at the church and then we are going somewhere else to do pictures before we go to the reception. I think either time would be good. The 4 o'clock one might be better so that you can get more pictures in? How long is your ceremony going to be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the 4 would be the best. This way as PP stated you would have more time for photos in the daylight. How long is your ceremony? Can you do the cocktail hour at 5:30-6:30?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the less people have to wait the better. I think you need enough time for photos. Are you doing photos before or after?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony is starting at 4:30 and my cocktail hour starts at 5. I'm also having everything at the same location.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony is at 11:30AM, and cocktail hr. starts at noon. But like PP, everything is in one location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our ceremony will only be about 20 minutes - and we are taking the couple pics after - will have some bridesmaid and groomsmen seperates before.  I just worry ppl will be waiting around the reception site - 5:30 is a good idea - I don't know why I was only thinking on the hour times?? Thanks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony at 5:30 and cocktail at 6:00...Everything is at the same place :D
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the half-hour group (ceremony at 5:00pm, cocktail hour at 5:30pm). As a guest, I'd prefer less wait-time between the two, so for you I'd go for the later ceremony time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My ceremony is at 6:10 and cocktail is at 6:30 (same location)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards