Florida-South Florida
Options

Fake flowers for centerpieces?

I'm having 250 ppl at my wedding, thus I'll need at least 25 centerpieces.  Must find cheap centerpieces!!  I definitey want flowers in tall vases, but I really don't care what kind of flowers and whether they are fake or real.  I figure fake flowers would have to be cheaper, even if its by only a little bit.  Better yet, if I can rent these centerpieces, that would be great, cuz what would I do with them after the wedding anyway?

Can anyone recommend any good but cheap florist, maybe someone who allows rentals, and/or uses fake flowers.  If you've got pictures of samples of their work that would also be very helpful.  Thanks!

Re: Fake flowers for centerpieces?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask around because with $4,000 someone should be willing to work with you for fresh flowers....You can also go to bridal shows since most vendors there have show specials for brides acquired from trade shows....HTH
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only people I know who have done silk flowers rented them and arranged their own centerpieces.  The good thing is that you can do all the work way ahead of time.

That said, have you considered alternative centerpieces?  Candelabras, for example?  Or centerpieces using feathers, etc? 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I've considered alternative centerpieces, but I'm set on flowers.  I don't mind spending $150/centerpiece, which would bring my total close to $4,000, but I really don't want to spend anymore than that.  My original goal was actually $3,000, but don't know how realistic that is for 25 tables.

Vendor recs anyone?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jen that $4000 for 25 centerpieces is no problem even with fresh flowers, and $3000 might be doable too, depending on the type of flowers.  Make sure that when you talk to a florist, you tell them that your budget is $X including tax and setup/delivery fees (regardless of whether you go with silks or fresh flowers).

If you want a local vendor, google doesn't seem to have much of anything.  That said, I would think that a lot of wedding decor companies have to deal with this request from time to time, so a local florist might be able to help.

If you're willing to use an internet vendor, the girls on the DIY board are likely to have good recs.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd really recommend doing real flowers, which is doable with your budget.  For 18 tables, my flowers (including all of my bridal party flowers and ceremony flowers) comes out to around $2000.  It just really depends on what flowers/plants you're going to be using; some are much cheaper than others.  For me, I love the look of montsera leaves, so I'm having those as the centerpieces with pincushion protea going down the center of the tables, and orchids on each place setting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I totally recommend real flowers ..you can talk to florist to come up with cheap stuff..or you can always do things with a few flower and candles and stuff if you dont love flowers too much..here are some you can look into..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards