Florida-South Florida
Options

Need small Miami venue suggestions

Greetings all! I just got engaged last Saturday (yay!) and am now busy at work planning our wedding. We want something small (around 25 people) and in the Miami area. Since this will be a destination wedding for us (we are in the DC area), we could REALLY use some suggestions and advice from some South Florida locals.

The wedding dates we are looking at are September 4 or 5, 2010. I know the weather in Miami is still pretty hot at that time, but being close to hurricane season an outdoor wedding might be risky. Ideally we would like an outside setting with option to move indoors in the case of rain. Since we're having an intimate wedding, we don't want a venue that would swallow/dwarf our party.

Thanks in advance! Smile
Mel & Mark - September 4, 2010 - Destination wedding in Miami, FL

Re: Need small Miami venue suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! And welcome to the board :)

Is there a price-range in which you would like to remain at, per guest? I'm not all too familiar with Miami venues (I'm a Broward county bride), but that information would be helpful for the rest of the knottie on here who do have great recommendations.

Good luck!
  • Options
    melarkeymelarkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Jennius! Price per head, we're thinking around $100 - 150. We more than likely won't have dancing - just a nice dinner for our "intimate" crowd.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think there are a million great places and ideas for a group your size with that price range.  Do you want to have a ceremony and then dinner?  Or do you plan on marrying in a church and just want a dinner reception site?  A lot of the nicer hotels might have private rooms or patio/veranda areas that would work.  Where are you guys staying?  Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach?
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and welcome to the Board! you are going to love it here! Congrats on the engagement
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congrats!! Happy Planning, I dont know any places in Miami since Im in Palm Beach County but there are tons of girls here who can help.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the board and congrats!! Not sure about a location I had a destination wedding on an island. But I am sure the girls here will be a great help. happy planning!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    melarkeymelarkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    adrielegorburu - We are looking to have the ceremony and reception at the same site. We've just started our search, but have found that a lot of the hotels ceremony sites would require rather large parties. We've run into a few places with minimum spends - and we aren't about to pay $2,000 to book just the venue for a group of 20-25. :-\
  • Options
    ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! Ironically you are describing my wedding. lol

I am having about 20 people with a beach ceremony and a dinner. The dinner in on the terrace overlooking the infinity pool and they have backup rooms if it rains. I believe those will cost a little extra. I am paying about $75 a person plus beverages. If you would like more assistance email be at ladylisalt@aol.com The best part is that the beach is directly behind the hotel and located centrally to everything in the SB area.

By the way my wedding is at the National on Collins Ave. Jamie Lipman is the coordinator. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    melarkeymelarkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa & TJ - That looks PERFECT! I'll definitely check into it! Thank you so much for the suggestions! :-D
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a smaller dinner party like that, then I would suggest you look into restaurants more than hotels.  I would recommend Dolores but you can call me Lolita in Brickell, Smith & Wollensky in South Beach, Texas de Brazil in S Beach, Baleens in Grove Isle. I hope that helps. 
  • Options
    melarkeymelarkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeni - I have been checking into Dolores, but you can call me Lolita - great suggestion! How is the food there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards