Florida-South Florida
Options

Anyone take a delayed honeymoon?

I want to go to Costa Rica but its is rainy season when I get married.  The weather would be better in one month from the date but I am worried it wont have that same honeymoon feel.  Should I wait a month or head elsewhere.  Thanks.

Re: Anyone take a delayed honeymoon?

• Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am!  We are getting away for a few days after the wedding, but then taking our big honeymoon four months later (mostly b/c I can't take that much time off of work, but also b/c where we are going it will be the middle of winter).  I'm actually glad it worked out that way--it'll be something to look forward to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to go to Alaska couple of months after my wedding because of weather also. I nott worried at all about the honeymoon feel. I think the point of going  to the honeymoon is to spend that time with your husband and to enjoy the location wih him. It would be a shame to spend that money and time and not being able to enjoy as you would like in Costa Rica because of the rain.  I saw wait unless you prefer to go somewhere else to be able to go right after!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

we are going on ours 1 month after our wedding b/c the weather will be better and we will be sailing on a new ship :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were waiting 3weeks because thats when the cruise I wanted is leaving..I was a little worried abut it too but thats what we wanted to do and when we can do it. GL
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am because we want to get away for Christmas, so we're waiting a month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am we are getting married in nov, and we are gonna take our hm in dec.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a couple nights in a hotel after our wedding (and the wedding night) just on the beach and then doing an anniversary trip because we just honestly can't afford a honeymoon. i think it all depends on your situation and it'd be fine to take your trip a little bit after your wedding :) HTH!
  • Options
    tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning to do this, because the week-end right after our wedding will be a holiday week-end and it will be more expensive - plus the cruise we want leaves a couple weeks after
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • Options
    diana333diana333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were but we changed our plans a few months ago. We found a great deal on a cruise aboard a newer ship! We leave the next day for 6 nights. So excited!! Cruise's seem to be the best deal for the money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mini-moon after the wedding (3, 4 night thing), then waiting a few months for the honeymoon. That way we feel like we're getting away right after the wedding, but still be able to save up for something better a little later on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards