Florida-South Florida
Options

Bachlorette Party Ideas?

I'm hoping you ladies might be able to help me out.  Our wedding is in 13 days and I'm trying to figure out what to do for my Bachlorette Party.  I'm not into strip clubs or club-hopping and I was originally thinking of a dueling pianos type place, but the two I was thinking of (88 Keys at Hard Rock or Howl at the Moon) have both closed.  I don't want to do this whole planned-out thing, just something small, impromptu and informal.  We're going to do it after the rehearsal dinner, probably starting about 8:30/9pm on a Friday night.  My MOH suggested a pottery painting place, but the one I know of, in Aventura Mall, would close too early and I'm not sure how fun that would be, though low key works for me (I do want the cheesy tiara/sash thingy though Embarassed).  I'm looking for something within half an hour North or South of the Aventura area.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't want anything crazy either, so I was thinking of going to Taverna Opa. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a drag queen show restaurant place I have heard of in Ft. Lauderdale i think?? I know they have penis shaped cakes for bachlorette parties.  It may be called lips?  But after dinner you prob dont want more food. There is also a dueling pianos in coconut grove - that may be too far for you though.  I also have heard of some pirate themed bar around there that is supposed to be fun (I know thats not super helpful).  Opa is always fun too :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lebron9lebron9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Catch a live band. Thats pretty low key and fun. Transit lounge or Tobacco road in Miami are always fun and inexpensive too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_bachlorette-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:47eec471-a01e-45db-a367-f1b8c12306b1Post:ed3b3a25-e365-4e2f-9ac1-e8bacba2d142">Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a drag queen show restaurant place I have heard of in Ft. Lauderdale i think?? I know they have penis shaped cakes for bachlorette parties.  It may be called lips?  But after dinner you prob dont want more food. There is also a dueling pianos in coconut grove - that may be too far for you though.  I also have heard of some pirate themed bar around there that is supposed to be fun (I know thats not super helpful).  Opa is always fun too :)
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's call Lips. I went there with a big group of friends a while back- it was a blast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards