Florida-South Florida
Options

Any south Florida Jewish brides? Need some recommendations...

Hi!

I'm a Jewish bride getting married in Aventura. I would love some recommendations for the following:

1) Somewhere local where we can get our invitations done in both English and Hebrew.
2) Some options for chuppah rental/decor.
3) A caterer or a restaurant for a nice Shabbat dinner the Friday before our wedding.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Any south Florida Jewish brides? Need some recommendations...

• Options
    ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invitations: Designer's Connection in Fort Lauderdale (we used themfor my Bat Mitzvah) (www.desconnection.com - i think)
    Florist for a Chuppah: Beautiful Kreations in Tamarac (Marcia is the owner and she was AWESOME!) www.beautifulkreations.com

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haven't gotten to items 1 or 2 so interested to see what other's post. We are in the process of signing a contract with executive caterers (working with Lenny 561-347-1453) but also met with embassy caterers (miami beach based). Both are kosher and work with many venues if want to have dinner in your hotel. Don't have embassy's number off hand, but can ask  my mom if you want it. 

Does the Shabbat dinner need to be kosher? If not, I'm sure there are a lot of good restaurants to choose from. You could get a challah at Publix and bring some candles and i'm sure the restaurant would have wine for the kaddish.
  • Options
    Danny&Mel2003Danny&Mel2003 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I've been looking online at Chuppah's and I'm in love with it! Ours won't be traditional Jewish wedding but my fiancee knows I want to have a nice collaboration of our cultures

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I got married over a year ago on Oct 9, 2010. I used Cathy Spee for my invites and she put hebrew at the top of them like I wanted. She was amazing! (www.cathyspee.com). She also used hebrew letters in my monogram. I got married at Aventura Jewish Turnberry Center. There are a bunch of kosher restaurants down that way and you may want to check into the Marriott hotel right there (we stayed there and I believe they do kosher catering). Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards