Florida-South Florida
Options

Honeymoon suggestions!! lol (sorry, long)

Hi ladies! Me again! LOL! My FI and I are going nuts trying to find our honeymoon spot! We will be getting married in November and don't want to do the whole tropical theme because we get enough of that here.

We thought about Europe, but since he's never been, I knew that wouldn't be the most relaxing vacation. I go a little crazy wanting to see EVERYTHING and PLANNING EVERYTHING while on vacation, therefore, I know we would end up returning way more tired after the honeymoon then when we left.

So, we are currently thinking about going somewhere where it snows (a lot) since we don't really get to see that often. We're thinking about a resort somewhere up north.  However, most of the ones we've looked into are ski resorts.  Not that we mind, but they don't have anything else but SKIING!!! LOL!

So I want to know if anyone has suggestions on locations that will have snow in November but also has some kind of night life, or LIFE surrounding it period!

Once again, THANK YOU LADIES!! Your advice is always so helpful!

Re: Honeymoon suggestions!! lol (sorry, long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try to page Futuremrsfezz, she went somewhere in Utah I believe and she spoke very highly of it. I wish I remembered exactly where...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went to Breckenridge Colorado in December. I had never been on a plane or seen snow and we had a blast! Soooo much snow! We stayed our first night near the airport (for me to recover, plus it was late), second night in downtown Denver (to adjust to the altitude), then 4 nights in Breckenridge (one block off mainstreet and two blocks to the gondola) and our last night by the airport (to leave the next morning). Seriously, our bed and breakfast was right in the middle of EVERYTHING! During the day we would take the gondola up the mountains (we even went to ski school for a day) and at night we walked up and down mainstreet (shops, restaurants, bars etc.)

HTH!!
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Vancouver and then Whistler in British Columbia in December for our honeymoon. I'm super excited. We will get to shop and see stuff in Vancouver for 2 nights then go snowboarding, ziplining, moonlit dogsledding, etc for 5 nights in Whistler. I've also read that the drive from Vancouver to Whistler is just gorgeous so we are renting a car for that day, otherwise we won't need one. 

Other places I would recommend:
    Lake Tahoe- the most beautiful place I have been so far!
    Aspen/Snowmass- tons of stuff to do 
    Vail/Beavercreek- never been but we were looking into it for this honeymoon

• Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that the Alaska cruises are AMAZING! It would be a little twist on the honeymoon in a snowy area idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh yea an Alaskan Cruise!!!! I know a few people who went who had an amazing time!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aspen is fun! I'm going to Paris and then the French Alps to snowboard
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Park City, Utah.  We stayed HERE and it was awesome.  We also, went in November.  Some of the slopes open in early Novemeber depeneding on the snow.  We can't wait to go back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011

You can always go up north to like VT. But I went to Aspen and Steamboat and loved them both. There are a ton of restaurants and good nightlife in both. Also spas! In steamboat they had the hot springs which we didnt do but looked cool.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_honeymoon-suggestions-lol-sorry-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:48e81cda-cd9c-4725-a3ab-e101a16b2ed2Post:1f6c1f0b-d01c-4bbe-aa81-36387ad4c493">Re: Honeymoon suggestions!! lol (sorry, long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to Vancouver and then Whistler in British Columbia in December for our honeymoon. I'm super excited. We will get to shop and see stuff in Vancouver for 2 nights then go snowboarding, ziplining, moonlit dogsledding, etc for 5 nights in Whistler. I've also read that the drive from Vancouver to Whistler is just gorgeous so we are renting a car for that day, otherwise we won't need one.  Other places I would recommend: Lake Tahoe- the most beautiful place I have been so far! Aspen/Snowmass- tons of stuff to do  Vail/Beavercreek- never been but we were looking into it for this honeymoon
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

Krysta6 I love Vancouver is a beautiful place.You can see pictures on my facebook.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Vancouver then we will hop planes to Alberta, Winnipeg, Montreal and Nova Scotia :)  we will be gone 2 weeks :)
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Some friends went to Montreal for their honeymoon and had an amazing time! THey have great pics in the snow and in the town is super cute... they just went back this new years to visit it again...

You can also try Gatlinburge, TN they have amazing cabins up there to rent for super afordable and super cute town...

Or if there is always cabins in North Carolina...but not sure if they will have snow there in November :)

GL!

• Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same predicament as you ... wanting to see everything and needing everything planned... so, we're saving our Costa Rica trip for our 1 yr anniversary and taking a more laid-back relaxing cruise where it is not necessary to THINK as much lol.
    There are cruises to Europe as well as the Alaska one that some girls mentioned. FMIL and FFIL went on the Alaska cruise this past year and loved it. They did some excursions like zip-lining and a scenic train tour.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    *lolagirl**lolagirl* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am from Calgary,ab ......check out Banff springs hotel. Banff is an amazing town and the hotel is so romantic! Lots of snow!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love you girls!!! LoL! I've written down EVERY place you all have mentioned and the FI and I will have a lot of reseraching to do! I'll keep you guys posted as to where we finally decide! THANK YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards