Florida-South Florida
Options

to switch or not to switch....

So I "booked" an officiant a while back - Frank Nunez and in the last three weeks we have played major phone tag.  We havent actually spoken about the ceremony or anything only that he was available on our day.  I'm not super convinced that he is great to begin with but since I spoke to him first I havent been able to get him back on the phone.  He calls me or emails at the weirdest hours - always really late.  Or responds to emails like at midnight saying it got too late to call.  Also - and more importantly - he has missed two scheduled calls (ie he says he will call at 7pm to finally discuss and come 7 no call!)  I dont know what hes doing until all hours of the night - isnt he a reverend or minister or whatever? Should I bail on him and find a new officiant? 
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: to switch or not to switch....

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh.  I would feel weird with him too.  He doesn't sound very reliable, which would scare me.  So yeah -- I'd bail!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually really frustrated by this whole officiant thing~  Everyone that I like is booked on my day (No Rev. Rodriguez, no Father Ricky etc. etc.) Who should I use??? Frank Nunez was like a B-list choice for me only because he does notary ceremony only, no religous tones and I wanted a slightly religous ceremony for the sake of My Mom and FI's grandparents.  Any suggestions guys?
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What religions are you both? When is your big day? Are you losing a lot on the deposit if you bail on him?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    D - we were both raised Catholic and our families are more religous than we are.  I never gave a deposit to Frank Nunez, as a matter of fact we never talked about price.  All we established was his availability and then we havent been able to talk again.  He sent me a questionnaire thingy but the link didnt work and I havent been able to tell him about it.  I'm fairly certain I want to find someone else now.  This guy is too flakey!!~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I'd definitely be frustrated.  No doubt.

We used Pastor Allan... he's a nice guy.  I too, wanted some religious-ness in it since I was raised very Catholic (and my family was already having heart palpitations because we weren't getting married in a church) and my H never went to church. So Pastor Allan added some things in for me, yet made it unique and 'us'.

His # is 561-352-4148

• Options
    edited December 2011
    RED FLAG FOR SURE!!

.. no deposit means no security he'll show -- I'd cut your losses and find someone better!!

I'm sorry I can't recommend someone but I think you can find someone better - you deserve it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    yeah....no deposit = run away!

When is the big day and where..let me see if I can find someone you can call.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    D- big day is 5/16/10 in Coconut Grove
    Mrs. Fez~ I've spoken to Pastor Allan and the only thing that has stopped me from booking him is that he is expensive - he chargs extra to travel to Miami.  His price isnt going to break the bank but it's signifiantly more than the others I have been quoted because of the travel charge.  But he is the only other one I know of right now.  Sounds like he did a good job for the two of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, yeah he lives in Boynton so I know that's a hike for him.  But yeah he does the job and is a nice guy.  I wish I knew someone else I could recommend!

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    edited December 2011
    very frustrating...sorry love...I'd bail and find someone better!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely lose this guy! So close to our day I wouldn't be feeling good at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With no deposit, he is not going to be 100% committed to even give you a call back. Bail!
  • Options
    ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Micheal Calderin and he gets back to me immediately through email or phone and has been more than accomodating. I think he is Broward County but travels all over. He seems very reliable. I also loved that he gave me a $100 discount for being a civil service worker. Gotta love that respect. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards