Florida-South Florida
Options

Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Wedding Venue

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I need some opinions on wedding venues in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami.
I'm looking for a hotel that can not only offer accommodations, but wedding planning for the ceremony, reception, possibly rehearsal dinner.  I'm out of town, so I need a place that is easy for me and easy for everyone attending, where all events are in one central location.  However, it would be good if there were restaurants, etc. within walking distance in case people wanted to venture out.  I had assumed having it in Ft. Lauderdale would be less expensive, so I was looking there first.  It will be a group of no more than 75, very intimate.  I don't necessarily want a beach wedding, but something outside maybe overlooking the ocean or in a nice lush garden area.  It doesn't have to be super fancy, but I would like it to be a nice hotel of course, and service is my main concern.  I want a place that is good at what they do and offer great service for an easy and fun vacation/wedidng for everyone.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Wedding Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011

We can give you some great tips - do you have an idea of budget so we can point you in the proper direction?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome!

There are a lot of options, you just need to have a ballpark number and a budget in mind to find your right place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I missed the part of "75, very intimate" lol.

A couple of names off the top of my head:
    - The Epic
    - The Palms
    - Rusty Pelican (That's Key Biscayne, though!)
  • Options
    ehulseehulse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, thank you!  I would say that we will expect 65-75 guests, and our budget for everything (rehearsal dinner, reception, possibly post wedding day brunch?) will be 25-30K.  I would say my top priorities are a beautiful venue and great service/low stress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

is that budget just for food and drinks or does it include decor, music etc?
    If just food check out riverside hotel in fort lauderdale.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few great places in Coconut Grove - The Sonesta Hotel is one I looked into when I was planning~ Good luck!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ehulseehulse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also,  I have a list so far, but i haven't done much research....I just picked a few that might be what i'm looking for.  If you can tell me which ones to nix off the bat, that would be great!

Pelican Grand

Hilton beach resort

Lago Mar

Riverside Hotel

Breakers

The W

Hyatt Pier 66

• Options
    edited December 2011
    all of those are excellent locations. I have heard great things about them all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Breakers bride, if you go with them I can answer all your questions lol.
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My reception is at the W in less than 3 weeks. Obviously I cannot say much about the day of, but I can tell you that my fiance and I have been given the VIP treatment every single step of the way. Let me know if you have any questions!

TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her wedding on the beach at Pelican Grand. You can see her pics on teresamarie.com/blog (Venessa/Kevin). The Hilton Beach Resort is in Singer Island (now a Marriott resort - it changed names). It can accompany up to 80 guests. I like Singer Island a lot because there are a lot of other quaint hotels in the near area the guests can stay at. The Breakers in West Palm Beach is quite pricey (I've heard about $225 a head? Don't quote me on that though which might put you over your budget). Also The Epic Hotel looks stunning from pictures I have seen. I haven't picked my venue yet either....so many options... GL!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue has an AWESOME room for a smaller wedding - I'm also an OOT bride -- I'm getting married at The Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale -- look into it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The National HOtel
    Fountain blue
    The Loews
    Grove Isle
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out Trump International in Sunny isles Beach... I think that would be a good one to look into. Lots of stuff,arounmd there to do (I know b/c I live there)

The Epic (my venue) is lovely but not reall;y cerntal like you asked for.

Same w/ the Rusty Pelican (I saw someone recommended these above)

• Options
    ehulseehulse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great suggestions!  I'm going to start submitting some RFP's!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards