Florida-South Florida
Options

Wedding Day Make up

So I am a complete and utter Make up junkie, especially MAC, hence my user name ;)  I have done freelance make up for weddings a few times.  Now, my big thing is doing my own makeup for my wedding, and my girls make up.  FI and everyone keeps telling me I am going to stress out the day of having to do everyones makeup.  I am (hopefully) getting an airbrush machine for my b-day in a few weeks and keep telling my self that having the airbrush will make makeup on my wedding day so much easier.  My argument is that I like the way I do make up and I'll have complete control over how it turns out. Besides none of my girls really wear a ton of make up on a regular basis, a few dont ever wear makeup, so they will want something simple anyways...  Do you all think I'm nuts for wanting to do this???
My Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

*Future Deputy's Wife*

Re: Wedding Day Make up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Me personally, I wouldnt want to do it. You dont need anything else to be stressing over. It is up to you though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be a great way to save money and get the results you want.  Only thing I would worry about is my state of mind that day.  I know I will be nervous and not have time for extra things.  Also I think it will take a lot of time to get me ready and I wouldnt want to worry about staining my dress with makeup on my hands etc.  I personally wouldnt try to cram that into my schedule for the day but its entirely up to you and what your plans are that day.  I plan on being pampered and fixed up... lol... I think all brides deserve to sit back and watch their day unfold~ we do so much leading up to it... its nice to not worry about EVERYTHING that day!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow tough one! i agree with pp about the savings. But is that something you want to focus on, on your big day? I mean, you should be the one who is being taken care of, but youll be working about everyone else. & are you having someone do your hair? because doesnt the makeup & hair usually get done around the same time how will that work? I remember my friends wedding and she was nonstop the whole time and she had someone do her makeup, if she did ours i couldnt imagine how hectic it would have been.  I would seriously think about it and weight the options and see what you think will work best for you.
  • Options
    MsGinaMACMsGinaMAC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do have someone coming to the hotel to do everyone's hair, I figured I would do the makeup opposite of who is getting their hair done and then have my hair done last.  I know its probably not the best idea of doing the makeup, but it kills me to think of paying someone when I have soooo much product. I dont know.... I'm sooo torn!

*Future Deputy's Wife*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about just getting an earlier start on hair and all your other things, etc. If you plan for allowing extra time you should be fine.

I personally would LOVE to be able to do my own makeup (but I SUCK at it!) and save my girls from having to pay extra money which I know they don't have!

So if you would normally start Hair & Makeup at 1... why not start at 11 and order lunch in... etc. If you plan ahead and give yourself extra time, you shouldn't be too stressed.

Just make sure your dress is NO WHERE near all the makeup that can be flying in the air and your hands are clean. But I am sure as a Pro you would think of that anyway!

HTH Honey and Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you have your timeline set up for the day of - and find out how long your hair person needs.  That will probably answer all your questions about how long you need/have.  Lutz told me it will take him approx 3 hours to do my hair and makeup~ then I have first look photos~ I wouldnt have time in my day for it. 
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you let your BMs worry about their own make up and you do your own make up?? I think if you like how you do your make up, then you should do it! I personally like how I do my make up so I am considering doing it myself.  I have done it myself for every other wedding related event and everyone always asks me where I get it done so I figure maybe I'll save the money.  So I completely know where you are coming from.  But doing everyone else's make up can be a little overwhelming.  I think you should let the girls do it on their own, or help them find someone who could do it for them ( i have a good rec for this- she's good and very reasonable and will come to you) and you do your own!
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love how i do makeup ... even more, my moh/sis is a  makeup artist and does my makeup all the time. she's amazing. but honestly, i don't want either one of us to stress over any details on my wedding day. i personally think it's such an important day full of emotions and that i want to enjoy and soak in every minute of it. by then, we've worked hard for the past year and deserve to sit back and be pampered. so we are getting 2 makeup artists to come to all the makeup for all the girls and my mom and fmil (who continues to insist jessie - my moh - do her makeup since she always does her makeup too) ... that's just my opinion. i can't imagine having to do the girls' makeup and then doing my own ... all while doing our hair, getting dressed, and photographed. just sounds way too hectic to me.
    and if you want a suggestion for your wedding, i totally recommend jessie. so much that i'm actually having a hard time finding those 2 makeup artists because no one compares to her (in my opinion) - let me know if you'd like her info.

• Options
    MsGinaMACMsGinaMAC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for you suggestions :) I will get back with you guys if I decide to hire someone. I was also thinking I would bring all of my makeup and either let them just use all the stuff I have or just help with a few things instead of doing their entire face. I am definitly trying to save money where I can and save money for my friends too, that is why this idea of mine seemed so feasable, lol    Descisions, Descisions....

*Future Deputy's Wife*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards