Florida-South Florida
Options

Big check for me!!!

Okay so I just signed up for 3 sessions of personal training.  I'm going to start off 3x a week in June, then up it to 5x a week in July and August.  Yay!!!

I'm excited to start working out for the first time and hopefully getting my body the way I want for my wedding.  I look at it as an investment and lifestyle change because I want to be a healthier weight and have healthier food habits. 

The truth is...I know how to eat right, but honestly, it is EXPENSIVE to eat healthy.  Chicken breasts at Publix cost about $13, and when I compare that to a 99 cent value Chicken Nuggets..it just seems like a better buy.I

I wasn't really going to work out, but I went to the doctors and he said according to my BMI, I am overweight...not obese YET, but getting there.. :c/  Then he said my cholesterol and triglycerides were high too, so I decided this may be just what I need. 

Thanks for letting me share ladies! ;c) 
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Big check for me!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! I think that is amazing. We will help you all the way giving you encouragment
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Martica14Martica14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome - Good luck!!!! Im going to start doing the same thing this fall term when my school schedule calms down a little!!!
    Martica and David Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker image Website: http://davidandmartica.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great, Cat! And changing your diet will be good for your little girl too! A little tip re: prices. I too struggle with grocery prices here in Florida, I miss my Trader Joe's! I'd recommend checking out the grocery section at Target...many Targets have one. You'll probably still want to buy some things at Publix, because Publix will have a bigger variety, but usually the prices at Target are better than regular grocery stores!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's great that you are adopting better eating habits, if your health depends on it then it must be done :D You will look great in the B pics :D
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your support ladies!!! I really appreciate it, and will be NEEDING it when I lose all this enthusiaum...lol!! ;c) 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Cat!! That's great!! We will be your cheerleaders!
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do it!!!! Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on that decision!  (I need to get moving on that too!).

Re. prices... do you have a Costco card?  It may be worth the investment.  We keep bags of chicken breasts in the freezer from Costco.  It is a whole lot cheaper than the grocery store.  So are the rotisserie chickens.

And for fruits and veggies, are there any farmers market shops/stands around you?  We just found this awesome one where the produce is ridiculously cheaper than the grocery store.  They actually sell most of their stuff by the bucket (smaller, but still impressive) for a couple bucks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards