Florida-South Florida
Options

Can a DOC have a clause in their contract for pics?

I'm looking at hiring a DOC, but I noticed mine has a clause in the contract to use my pictures for their website.  I really don't like the idea of that, particularly because in this case, my DOCs vision was not used, it was all me.  I understand that this is a way they advertise and its something that potential clients can look at, a way of building portfolios.  But again, I feel like the ad would be misleading, particulary because they are only the DOC, not the person behind the vision.  The only thing the DOC would do is set up.

Is this the norm?  If so, how can I get out of it? 

Re: Can a DOC have a clause in their contract for pics?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I suggest just asking the DOC to remove the clause for the reasons you stated- totally makes sense. I had my photographer remove a clause about using our images on his site for privacy reasons and he did it gladly.

As long as you haven't signed the contract, you have a strong negating position- just ask!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, you can just ask her to take that clause out. It shouldn't be an issue...and if it is, I'd find another DOC!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're possibly looking into my DOC? Anyhow, mine has a clause like that and it didn't bother me at all. I don't see it as her advertising that it's her vision that she put together, I see it as her advertising that, hey, they hired me to set this up and this is how it turned out. Either way, just ask. It shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry if this is in the lingo post, but what is a DOC? :)
    -heather
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards