Florida-South Florida
Options

Color Me Photo Booth... Super long

Hi girls!

I am writing this while SUPER mad! As you recall, the photo booth contest was on for 3 weeks and I came in second. I also let you girls know that I rcvd an email from the company saying they are currently offering me $400 off the original price and may offer me more upon the owners return. The original price as advertised on facebook statuses and through the email they sent the contestants was $1,000.

So today, I email the company to follow up and get an email from the office manager Mariela saying first "I see you are emailing us for a further discount, what is your wedding date to see what I can do for you?"... NO, YOUR OFFICE TOLD ME A BIGGER DISCOUNT WAS POSSIBLE! so I email her with my wedding date and nicely let her know I was following up bc of the email  I rcvd. To which she answered me with.... and I quote from the emails...

"
Here is what we can do, the rental of the photo booth for 4 hours is $1,200, so instead of doing it for $800 we can do it for $600 (plus tax)."

so I respond with...

"
To my understanding through the emails sent out when the contest started, the photo booth was valued at $1k for 4 hours including the scrapbook. This is to quote what was provided within the first email sent to those participating on March 27th:

"Hi Ladies, Just wanted to check in and say thank you again for joining the contest! Everyone has 2 weeks left to get as many votes as possible! Don't give up! Remember this contest is worth it! This is what you get:
• 4 Hours of unlimited fun
• Scrapbook
• Booth Attendant
• Unlimited Photographs, Prints 2 sets
• High Quality Black and White/Color Photo Strips
• Set Up and Breakdown
Most importantly its worth $1000! If you have any questions at all please let me know. If you ever want to be removed from the contest let me know as well. 
Thank you!"

I can forward you the original if needed."

To which she responded with...
"The person who did the contest for us could have made a mistake, we sell the four hours for $1,200, in any case $600 is the best we can offer."

To which I responded with...
In all honesty I made a huge effort to win your contest and understand I didn't win first but changing the pricing now for second is not right. Even your company status update on Facebook says that all of that is for $1k. Please see these status update:
And I quote:

April 18: " Please have your friends "LIKE" our page! Spread the word about us! For $1000 we offer: 4 hours, 1 attendant, leather scrapbook, and 2 prints (one for you and one for a guest). What can get better than that?!"

April 4: "If you want to join the contest please email us to
colormephotoinfo@gmail.com! Have the chance to win a photo booth for 4 hours worth $1000 at your event! Not only do you get the photo booth, you get a scrapbook and 2 copies of the photo strips-- one for you and a guest"

March 24: "Who wants to win a photobooth for their event that's worth $1000???? Less than 24 hours to send us your pictures for the contest! Email your funniest picture to
colormephotoinfo@gmail.com :)"

March 23: "Don't forget to send us your pictures to enter the contest! Have a chance to win a photo booth at your event worth $1000!"

To which she responded with:

"We are not changing our price, we offered a $400 discount to the 2nd price winner and this is still what I am offering. I was only trying to help you further by bringing down the price to $600 but if the contest said that the price is $1000 than the $400 off is already the $600, I can not go any lower than that as we need to cover our costs."

HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?

Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Color Me Photo Booth... Super long

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OH AND BTW...

They have a special this month that if you book before the end of the month, you get the 4 hours at $800... so according to her helping me with a further discount, its crap because I could have called in from the streets and gotten that "original $800 price" she is saying now. And this I know because I know someone who contacted them for pricing for their event (based on the contest) and they were told this.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really wrong of them to use the $1,200 price. I'd be upset too, especially if they said they may offer you a bigger discount. BUT, since they only said "may" I guess there isn't much you can do. :(

At least you're still getting the deal for $600! The person you were speaking to didn't seem very nice. I wouldn't be thrilled but I'd still use them just because $600 for the booth is a good deal!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $600 is a good deal...

And they did say "may"... but they said "may" off of the $1k cost of the booth, not a $1200.... so my frustration is if they are offering me $600 off of $1200, they should offer $600 off of $1k (which is what they were advertising).

If they would have told me there was nothing more they can offer from the $400 discount and would give it to me at $600, I would have been fine bc they did say "may". But they tried changing it now to make it seem like more of a discount, and that is what isn't right. I wonder if to people who called based on their status updates they offered the booth to for $1200 despite advertising it for $1k.

Does that make sense? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This pisses me off!! I cant believe this, I know, we all KNOW that you busted your butt to catch up with the "Candace and Dario" weirdos  so then the company can  pull this crap on you.Very unfair BS...Im so glad you posted this because you dont need to do business with such LIARS!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, it totally makes sense and that's the part I'd be mad about too! They said 1k, NOT $1,200.. $600 is what it should be based on their posts/emails-- $600 is not some "great discount" they're offering you off of the $1,200!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Faith,

I think she is trying to explain that it was a bait and switch. They said something and led her on and then reneged on what was said....
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly! lol...

I am so urked by this whole thing! To me it's just the principle of the whole thing... don't lie to me when it's everywhere what you were offering originally...

May be dumb bc of the costs, but I am all about going with an honest company, and this to me isn't being honest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :( I'm sorry they're being sneakers!

When I came in 2nd in the David Acuna contest, he offered us an amazing discount...we still couldn't afford him in our $6,000 total wedding budget, but he was really nice about it. There are honest vendors out there! Hopefully you can find one to use for your photobooth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel that is wrong that they are misleading you. I highly doubt they made a mistake and if they did they should honor the best that was out to the general public. It's their mistake for not catching it. For them to be shady over $200 is not right and puts a bad taste in your mouth. I think some vendors don't think you don't talk... every vendor should treat a bride with respect because word of mouth means a lot.
    Hopefully you can find another vendor who will be happy to work with you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg HOW frustrating!!!!!!! I cannot stand contests for that reason. Once they get their "fans" they don't care. I would not work with them! Look into Fotos-r-fun or peek a booth because they're priced well and you don't have to do the whole 4 hours so you can spend less. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! The nerve!! I'm so sorry - after all that stress! :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    absolutely awful
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow thats wrong!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board