Florida-South Florida
Options

Bachelorette party help!

Hi ladies, I am throwing a bachelorette party for my best friend and we are coming down to Ft. L from the DC area.  I am looking for a fun place for a big dinner on Saturday night.  We are taking a limo from Pompano Beach (where we are staying) so anywhere from there to Ft. L would work. 
I have looked at Yolo, Taverna Opa, Tequila Ranch, Lulu's Bait Shack, and 101 Ocean.  If you have any insight on those places, or suggestions for others I would really appreciate it!! 

Thanks! 

Re: Bachelorette party help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what you're looking for! I love YOLO, for a nice dinner and they have great martinis! If you want more of a loud and fun atmosphere, Opa is good, but I don't think they take reservations. Tequila Ranch is in the Hard Rock, which is really fun, but I've never eaten there. 

If you want a nice meal with places to go out after, my vote would be Tatu in the Hard Rock (the Asian Pear martinis are amazing) and then there are a bunch of places to party afterwards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are all great places!  I would suggest Taverna Opa though since its a Bachelorette party!  Its aloooot of fun!  They have music and belly dancers on the tables and you can get up on the tables and dance too! Its just a really fun atmosphere :o)

OR if you want somewhere where you guys can stay the whole night with lots of different stuff to do, going to the HardRock would be great!  They have restaurants/bars/clubs all in one place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to all of those different places. I love Taverna Opa because you can dance on the floors! ;c)  And throw napkins up in the air...<- LOOOONG time ago, you were able to break your plate on the floor and yell "Opa!!!" But someone ruined it for the rest... :c/ 

Tequilla Ranch is also nice!  I love the food there and at 10:00 the line starts forming for the guests to jump on the mechanical bull.

I've been to Lulu's Bait Shack before, it's very laid back, and we watched a live band there "Stereoburn"  awesome!!! <- depending on the type of music you like.  They were more of a rock band type of feel - pearl jam, greenday, etc. <- I personally felt like I was in high school again, they totally rocked!!!

ALTERNATIVE OPTION: I had my 30th birthday party at a place called Lips Fort Lauderdale.  It's a very interesting dinner show....check out the website.  I LOVED LOVED LOVED it, and think it would start off a very interesting night for you ladies!

HTH! GL!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taverna Opa is a blast!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rocco's Tacos is very fun also! They just opened one in Ft Lauderdale
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all your help ladies!  I really appreciate it.  
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Unless they changed it, I'm pretty sure Taverna Opa takes reservations.  I had my 21st birthday party there and we made reservations.  I vaguely remember having to choose the food prior to the party though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my bachelorette party I am having dinner at my favorite resturant The Melting Pot. They do bachelorette party's.
    Try to find out her favorite type of food and maybe find a resturant that you guys will all enjoy.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards