Florida-South Florida
Options

Average Ceremony Time

Hi ladies,

I really need to get back to posting more on this board. I am finally getting back into planning now since my wedding is getting closer to being a year out. I have been on my Wedding Month board b/c we are all on the same page...and I just get jealous watching all the checks on here. haha

A quick thing on whats going on.... we are getting married next year October and the ceremony and reception are going to be held at the same venue...30 second walk from ceremony to reception...seriously.

My mom and I have different opinions on when the ceremony should be since the reception is to immediately follow basically. I think 4, she likes 2-3. So, maybe 3:30.
My question really is...what time is your ceremony and reception?

TIA!!!
weddingpic

Re: Average Ceremony Time

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you -- ceremony & reception are at the same venue.  Our schedule is this:
    5:00 ceremony (i'm assuming we'll start around 5:10 and it will last max 20 min)
    5:30-6:30 cocktail hour
    6:30-10:30 reception

Hope that helps!!  :):)
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony is starting at 2pm. We have to be out of the church by 3:30, so we had to start it earlier! My ceremony should only last about 20-30 mins at the most. The cocktail hour doesn't start till 4, but it is about 20 minutes or so away from the ceremony location. Hopefully people won't get there too early!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SoontobeTwistSoontobeTwist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My ceremony and reception are at the same location as well.  We are doing the ceremony at 5:45, (15 mins) Cocktail hour from 6:00 - 7:00 and reception from 7:00 - 11:00.  HTH :)

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything is in one location for us too. Our ceremony starts at 4:30. Cocktail hour at 5. Reception starts at 6
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony and reception are at the same place as well. We are getting married at 5, expect to be done by 5:30, then our guests will move to the reception site while we take pictures and then we will join them. It is a buffet and we would like our guests to eat when they arrive (we are skipping the dances, etc).

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have everything in one place and I've been telling my vendors 6:10ish. Our cocktail half hour is between 6:30-7 but if we get inside at 6:25 it just means we rollover into the reception 5 minutes earlier. I doubt if everything will run right on time and my venue is flexible with that.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same boat for me. Our ceremony is from 11:30AM - noon. Cocktail hour is from noon - 1PM. Reception from 1PM - 4PM.
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony: 5pm Cocktail hour: 5:30pm Reception: 6:30pm
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony: 5:30
    Cocktail hour: 6:00
    Reception: 6:30 or 7, depending on how long pics take.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our ceremony, cocktails, and reception are all at the same venue as well.  We're having a Hindu wedding so the baraat (groom's processional) starts at 3:30, ceremony will be from 4-4:45, cocktail hour and a half will be from 5-6:30, and our reception will be from 6:30-11pm.  HTH!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you ladies!!! It sounds like what I want is the norm, if not later. I feel so much better. I think I am going to have my mom read this post too!! THANKS!!
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards