Florida-South Florida
Options

Newbie venue vent

Hi Ladies!

I've been surfing the boards for weeks now but this is my first post. 

I looked at the Hotel Breakwater in the beginning of June before they opened.  It was perfect for what I was looking for: beach view without being ON the beach.  Once my venue was picked, everything else was starting to fall in place. WELL, last Thursday, I received an email stating that the Breakwater's rooftop opened BUT received an occupancy permit for 49 people instead of the expected 120 so they can no longer accommodate my wedding/cocktail reception!

I am soooooo frustrated right now! My coordinator (Jennifer J) has been super helpful (even though I did not get the full coordinator package) but I still have not found anything that I LOVE in my budget with my FI venue requirements (water view).  I don't want to settle but I feel like I am running out of options!

Re: Newbie venue vent

• Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this happened to you! That is crazy! 

I can't tell if you are looking for a new place but maybe check out the gansevoort, the reception space doesn't have a view but the ceremony/cocktail hour can.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not on South Beach, but have you tried Grove Isle?  It actually came out to about the same costwise for me as Breakwater would have.

Grove Isle is on the water, without being on the beach.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

I did try Grove Isle (and loved it), unfortunately, they are already booked for my first, second and third choice dates. I will look into Gansevoort.

Fortunately, I am a teacher who is mostly off for the summer so my last week has been spent looking at venues.  Tomorrow, we will try again.  Wish me luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry this happened to you but good luck in finding something great!! I never went to this place, they are new and I remember the guy on the phone being really nice http://www.dreamsouthbeach.com/ HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards