Florida-South Florida
Options

HELP! wedding color disaster!

Ladies I need HELP!  My oh so wonderful but all of a sudden very opinionated FI has not only poo-poo'd two of my top color choices for bridesmaids dresses because he didnt think they would look good.  After we decided on dresses from Davids Bridal in Sangria - he has now decided that we will be having sage linen......

Except the bridesmaids/flowers/centerpieces are all in shades of purple and magenta.  I had chosen dark green linen to blend with our garden reception.  What do you think?  How do I convince him that sage wont look good? Or will it and I just cant see it?   I dont want to change the bridesmaids dresses again..... 
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: HELP! wedding color disaster!

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well according to your bio you have about 3 months left. Thats not nearly enough time to order BM dresses and have them altered. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lucky for me the dresses dont need to be altered so the time isnt too much of an issue.  The Sangria color is like a magenta color with more purple - so hard to explain. I'm so glad you said you like sage Laura~ I hope I will like it too.  I think it just goes against "my vision" but I have to remember it's his day too.  (isnt it?)

I left a message for my venue to call me if they set up a wedding with sage linens so I can come and see it.  Thank god they are so nice there - I think I've been there more than any other bride!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds a lot like my colors, but FI could have cared less about what my girls were wearing...lol :)  I'm doing a garden wedding too so I think they will work.. I think my linen color is sage (I know my invitation was) PIB under flower trial.   If all else fails you can stalk my venue in 43 days to see how it came out... Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards