Florida-South Florida
Options

Beach Wedding Shoes

Hey!

For everyone who is having a beach wedding - what are you doing for shoes?  I am thinking of a flat sandal for that day - does any one have any suggestions?  I am having trouble finding something that I really like! 

Also,would you guys totally advise again heels for the day?  Heels would be hard to wear in the sand and if you went barefoot, then it seems the dress length would be all wrong.  

Thanks!

Re: Beach Wedding Shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would maybe some some low flip flops or sandals. Heels would be extremely difficult to walk in and totally unncessary. You COULD go barefoot and just get the dress shortened.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend is getting married on the beach and she is going barefoot. She is getting this like fake sandal looking things for her feet. Hard to describe but she found them on etsy under barefoot sandal or something like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say either flip flops or barefoot.. and then for the reception put on some heels (if you want)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing flip flops for my beach wedding. I would love some dramatic and gorgeous heals, but I don't know how I would walk in the sand with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going barefoot for my beach wedding and heels for the reception. Ballet Slippers also work
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married barefoot on the beach (which was awesome by the way!!), and here is my suggestion.

Get your dress hemmed to where you can comfortably go barefoot. I got my dress hemmed at an "in between" the barefoot and the heel that I wore for the reception.

My reasoning... It was a little too long during the ceremony, and you don't need that extra worry while you are walking down the aisle. It was a good length with my heels, but when I took them off to dance, it was harder on me to have to carry the dress bunched up all night.

Bonus - If you hem the dress a little short... you will get to show off those purdy heels you know you will be wearing.... :)

If you have any other specific Beach Wedding related ?'s feel free to email me... I don't come on here that often anymore. Shuutnstar at aol dot com. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards