Florida-South Florida
Options

Looking for Second MUA and hair stylist

Hi girls, Im looking for a second MUA and hair person. I have them already but now we are 7 girls doing this and we need to be ready early so i prefer to split them.

The MUA must be between 40-50 per person

The hair lady 100 or less for bride and bet 50-60 for the rest, about 50 for trial
Both must be willing to come to venue in Miami (Brickell) on Nov 6, 2010

RECS please!

So far I got info for Hair by Alcira (dissapointed that she doesnt have pics on her website) if any of the knotties here have pics of your trials/wedding pls send them to kryan3069 at gmail..thanks
Claudia for make up..blog is limited but price is great
I have hear here pf Janet Gray and I cant find her website! I like her bc shes from Panama like me but i dont know her prices (anyone?) Thanks!!

Re: Looking for Second MUA and hair stylist

• Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yaneth Gray:  http://www.makeupbyyanethgray.com/

I got a quote from her a while back (sorry, didn't save it!) and if I recall correctly she was well over the budget you're trying to stick to.  You could contact her anyway just to be sure! 

I found Jessica Landa on Craigslist and she might fit your budget-- $75 per bridesmaid which includes hair AND makeup.  $100 for the bride.  Trials are half that price.  She recently moved to Miami from Ft. Myers so she's trying to get established here. 

Jessica Landa

813-679-6846 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              813-679-6846         jlanda_updos@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw a posting about Jessica..prices are really good, but has anybody tried her before? anyone?
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey hun,

This is who I'm using for my girls

www.crystalcadahia.carbonmade.com/

Her work is great and her price awesome (she's charging me $50 per girl and I have like 6 girls). If you contact her tell her I gave you her name (he 10.9.10 bride)...I don't get anything for referring her btw.

She recommended this girl to me for hair Nicole (786)287-2435 (but I'm not using her because she wanted a deposit for each girl and my girl's weren't 100% sure who they wanted) So, I'm still finding someone for them for hair.
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I recommend Makeup Artistry by Jessie.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/MakeupArtistryByJessie?ref=ts
    email: makeupartistrybyjessie@gmail.com

She's my MOH/sis and does AMAZING work...

Depending on what kind of hairstyles you want for your bridesmaids, I have a list of hair people.

• Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gabi, this is funny..I HAD Crystal and I had to fire her.. she went totally MIA on me and I couldnt handle it.. it was bad, like I called her almost every day for 3 WEEKS to schedule my trial for my eng pics and there it was the day before of the pics and I had no MUA!! so then a friend introduced me to Katie from MAC, she saved the day and I hired her for my wedding (also Katie charges like 45 on location vs 100!) I even had to fire Crystal over a message bc she NEVER got the phone..I just can't deal with that. I have Nicole Rodriguez for my hair (funny) and I have paid 5 deposits for her. I wrote her a week and a half ago..no response (I hate this) I already paid the deposit so I am using her just not for everybody.. I want to have another option and I also don't think is reasonable to have just one person for 7 people..theres no way they can do their job 100% under that time pressure..I had that at a wedding and I was the last one and I got my make up done at the lobby of the hotel!!
    BTW Crystal was charging me 60 a girl and her work is great but I don't need to be chasing her when there are so many MUAs out there, she just seems very busy..Im sure u will look beautiful, thogh!
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Karla that's scary. I guess I should double check with her. Can I have Katie's info please? She charges 45 to go to you? My wedding is in Aventura. Which MAC does she work at?

I'm not using Crystal for me, just for my girls and well I was planning on using her as backup. I'm using Lutz for my hair and makeup
  • Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, thats how much she charges for going to u! she lives in Miami so I dont know maybe she charges you a little more to go to aventura who knows doesnt hurt to ask..she did my make up for my e-pics and is the first time in my life my neck, shoulders and face are the same color!! She does freelance for MAC and she took the whole training with them. Her number is 786-337-2923. As I said, Crystal is really good MUA but it's like Lutz they are so booked is hard to get a hold on them and some brides are lucky and some are not..tell her Karla Mosquera (Taylor's friend) gave u her #..good luck and pls keep me posted in case you find somebody for your girl's hair bc i am in the same boat!!

BTW, pls tell me where and what date is the posting that u sent me on the yellow wedding..theres something i want to buy..thanks!!

• Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GABI: heres one of my e-

pics
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards