Florida-South Florida
Options

Modern venue

My fiance and I want to do something different.  We don't want to do a country club or hotel wedding.  Can anyone recommend a venue to host 150 guests that has a "modern" or "contemporary" feel to it in the West Palm Beach area?

Any suggestions would be very helpful!       Smile

Re: Modern venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Flagler Museum, The Norton, Harriet Himmel Theater...Hope that helps
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Hamlet Country Club in Delray Beach.  Super-modern Asian-influenced decor that's not at all the typical country club.  (Trust me, I looked at the Carolina Club for example and was not thrilled with the traditional decor.)

http://www.thehamletcc.com

I also liked the look of the Loft at Congress in Boca, but they never returned my calls.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    theholdorffstheholdorffs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my BM had her wedding on one of the sun dream yachts and while we had a good time it was horrible. The boat came an hour and a half late due to an a/c problem, which turned out to be a real problem in may.!! They rushed us to get on board and start, then shut it down when the contracted time was up since the a/c issue was "out of their control". Not to mention they served sushi for hors derives and left them in the sun while they fixed the problem with the ac so by the time it was served they were inedible. Overall I'd recommend to stay away from them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    theholdorffstheholdorffs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree on whiteSPACE. Mine is there 12.3.11 but there's a few. There's 1111 in Miami. Jungle island. The green room in ft lauderdale. Jet runway cafe. They are out there. And a lot more places are starting to host events. Oh and chima. Cool concept there too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards