Florida-South Florida
Options

Has Anyone Had Trouble...

...letting go? As in, not being so controlling with everything?

My sister and mom are planning the bridal shower (yes, already) but I can't stay out of it. I have to put my input into everything they plan or do. I'm a perfectionist, and I like to see things certain ways, so I feel like they need to listen to me. I know it's awful, and they're just trying to do something nice for me and I shouldn't be such a bridezilla about it, but I can't release the reigns.

Re: Has Anyone Had Trouble...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel you - I'm having the exact same problem.  With my shower AND FI planning the honeymoon.  I spent last night looking over his shoulder while he was on the computer and he sent me out of the room! With my Sister and Mom I decided to write them an email this weekend thanking them for everything and letting them know (in the nicest way possible) what I would like my shower to be like and the few things I definitely want and dont want.  I'm hoping they take it better then me calling and questioning everything every five minutes!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *raises hand* 

It's your wedding so you are entitled to have things the way you want them!!

I also want to control everything and the two things I didn't control or at least have a hand in, my Bachlorette party and Bridal Shower didn't happen b/c of it.  Not to say that the same thing will happen to you.  BUT, if you have irresponsible people in charge of things, they won't get done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need to let go lol especially if they are planning it all for you. I understand where you are coming from but if they arent asking for input then you should just let all be alone and let them surprise you. They know you and will do everything perfect for you and the way you like it. If they are asking your opinion and all then so be it and tell them.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im the same way...I basically told my MOH to stay out of it and I will plan my b-party and shower. Lol its so bad but I know  her and she will leave everything to the last minute and it wont be done right!
    I refuse to let go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep! Their mistake is that they told you anything to begin with.

I don't even have room to be opinionated b/c I know absolutely nothing about it. I didn't even get an invitation! I wish I knew something but I don't. I could have made things easier for them since we know so much about planning but they didn't even ask/tell. I guess it's better for them that way. Ha! lol
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im with you Christina, I dont know anything about mine either. I think I like it better that way so im surprised.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! Me too! For me the being in New York while my mom and sister are in Miami doing so many things without me there is so very hard. I feel like such a bridezilla needing everything to be passed by me for approval!!! I guess it's just because we want everything to be perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I wish I could let go...LOL The honeymoon obviously we won, but if we hadn't, I would have had to plan it. 1. because I always plan our trips and FI loves that because I think about everything and then get the best rate & 2. we were planning on using my miles and hotel rewards to pay for it. I did initially let him pick the location (he wanted Hawaii, I wanted Greece), but then with the prize, it didn't matter.

As for the shower, my MOH lives in Charlotte, so I am helping her with restaurant suggestions and getting pricing, as I deal with some of the locations for work (and can negotiate with them). But other than that, I totally trust my bridesmaids and know they will do a great job.  My mom on the other hand, is a different story. My mom thinks she is a wonderful planner, but is not. She doesn't think about the whole picture, just in pieces and it usually shows. Fortunately my MOH and 2 bridesmaids have known her forever and know how to deal with her. I know that sounds awful, but it's true.

So I guess now that I mention it, maybe I'm having trouble letting go??? LOL.

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, at least I know I'm not alone.

And the fact that they have somewhat involved me in the planning is what hurt them, 'cause now I know what's going on and I want them to do it my way Undecided

On the other hand, if they have anything planned as far as bach. party goes, I'm unaware. I would totally love to be surprised, but once they give me an inch, I take the mile.
  • Options
    missyd10missyd10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ahh I have to control everything too!  I'm just so organized I need to know its done so I may as well do it.  My sis is the MOH and she's telling everyone its the easiest job she's ever had bc I do everything.  She loves it!  LOL

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think  if you're on TK you have trouble letting go of control!!

So I am one of those girls as well! Not bridezilla, just thorough! 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! thank god i'm not the only one- My shower is this next weekend. It's driving me nuts, I'm flying home for it.. Luckily my brother told me on the hush, that my mom is doing it, because she is trying to play it off that she isnt.. IIt's driving me nuts trying to figure out what clothes to bring home.. So i totally think its driving me nuts, not having more input in my shower. I have to micromanage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards