Florida-South Florida
Options

March 24, 2012 Weather - South Florida

Hi All - My wedding will be on 3/24/12 in Boca Raton.  I haven't been worried about the weather at all (thinking that this is the "good" time of the year in FL), but I was just down there and it was weird and rainy all week long. Anyone else concerned?

Re: March 24, 2012 Weather - South Florida

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Florida weather is wack. There is no way to predict what it will do and the weather report is usually wrong.

You should be okay in March for the most part but I'd always have rain backup ready!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm with Faith on this one! You can look up online average weather for that day too
  • Options
    My wedding is the weekend before and I'm hoping for slightly cooler weather and sunny skies but like everyone says - SFL weather is unpredictable. All I know is that last year in March - it didnt rain once and it was sunny every weekend with cool weather. Trust me I was looking everyday cause I already had my date picked. So I'm crossing my fingers!!

HTH!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree you Should be ok but in Florida (or anywhere) you need a backup plan. I'm hoping it's nice my weekend too but who knows?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married the weekend after you and am also hoping the weather cooperates! Our backup plan is not very ideal...!
  • Options
    I'm fortunate in that everything technically can be held inside (my ceremony and reception are indoors - only my cocktail is outside and I do have a back-up), but it is a destination wedding and I have envisioned beautiful south Florida weather... would be bummed to have a crummy day!
  • Options
    I think we are all hoping for good weather! Yes, Florida weather is unpredictable, so be prepared. I definitely am keeping my fingers crossed for a sunny day, because my plan B is not ideal, either.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck to all you other March / April brides :)
  • Options
    Yea the weather here is crazy!!  It's been completely dry all winter but has rained for the past 3 days!!  I hope it's a temporary thing as well since my wedding is in 3 or so weeks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're getting married on March 17th as well on the beach in South Beach! Hoping for great weather!
  • Options
    I understand you.... I plan on strectching with my only budget and the only way ill stay under it is if I do a wedding from July-Sept. Remind you, Florida's weather + those months = HURRACAINE SEASON!!!!!!!!!! How I dont have a date yet, I keep pondering if I should risk it and save a loooot of money.... But then again the Venue and vendors definately need to have a part two.... But it depends on your luck and hope everything will be on your side, B/c last year Fiance's cousin got married in New York for Sept on labor day weekend and lucky her that was the weekend that Hurricane Irene went up north... She was devastated b/c the wedding got canceled and vendors didnt postpone for another day....
    "True love is friendship caught on fire" someecards.com - Let's decide who we're inviting to our wedding and who will never speak to us again
  • Options
    So unpredictable... fingers crossed!
  • Options
    @Victoria- it isn't just hurricanes that you need to worry about. It is truly the raining season, especially August-Sept where there is a really high percentage of rain everyday. its a big big risk, unless it's indoors then it's slightly less to worry about 
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am March 24th as well in Boca Raton! At the Boca Raton Resort... hopefully it will be nice weather. I live in South Jersey - it's a destination wedding for me. Fingers crossed for a nice day!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards