Florida-South Florida
Options

Need a DJ and an officiant

I am getting married at the Palms in Miami Beach and the DJ they recommend is $695. Is this a good price? We are only having a three hour brunch reception so I feel like I could find something cheaper. Also the recommended officiants are charging $300-$400 dollars.  Is this normal?  Thanks for all the help ladies!!  I have had serious thoughts about eloping to Vegas lately! Everything is so expensive and its very stressful planning by yourself!  Thanks for all the help ladies!!  This website has been a wedding planning lifesaver!
Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need a DJ and an officiant

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely recommend Shannon from Liquid DJs.  I don't know the rates now since I'm sure they've changed since I planned.  But he's awesome.

As for the officiant, I have no recs as the guy I used I wouldn't recommend.  But the price, unfortunately, is what is the norm.  I haven't heard of anyone less than $300.

Good luck and don't stress.  The girls on this board will help you through it.  It's supposed to be fun and about marrying your FI.  Everything else is just extra.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on what the DJ comes with, yes it can be a very good price.  I've aske this question a million times before and it ranges from like $600-$1100, depending on what you are looking for, how many hours if you want up-lighting, etc.  The 2 most popular vendors on here are Visions and Liquid.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Dj is a good price. Most start at 800 and up for about 4-5 hours.. So for 3 I'm sure thats reasonable. Keep looking around though. And I think the officiant is also good but I have no looked into them yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The DJ price is about right, slightly more than what I have heard but not by much.   Many officiants are more than that price.  Who did you contact?  I am looking for an officiant and most quotes I received were about $550.
  • Options
    alisonann15alisonann15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The two that I contacted were Rev. Eddie Rodriquez and Michael Caldwell. I got their names from The Palms Hotel.

Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eddie Rodriguez quoted me about $550 or $600.  I am getting married 2 weeks before you, but at night so that could be the difference.  If he is quoting you only $300-$400, that is good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards