Florida-South Florida
Options

anxiety & the search...

hey everyone,
I'm really getting anxious to find a venue, but i just keep getting frustrated. I fell in love with Sunset Cove at the Seaquarium, but it's more than we'd like to spend. My FI insists that we do it there but I don't want to go that far over budget.

Sooo does anyone have any suggestions? We are looking to spend around $10,000 on ceremony and reception. I was kinda looking for something more offbeat, something outdoor, by water preferrably...We live in South Miami but are open to Ft Lauderdale and other places too. Just not too far away!

Really hoping someone can give me some ideas, bc i'm tired of looking at the same places. :)/:(

Frustrated but hopeful,
Rita

Re: anxiety & the search...

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erica is having her wedding on a yacht! That may be something cool to look into. Have you thought about Jungle Island? Also, maybe consider the Spanish Monestary- not by the water but cool! If you're willing to come up to Palm Beach County and foresake your plans for being near the water, check out my venue: the Palm Beach Zoo. Very offbeat and you can have your ceremony and reception there for 10k. I'd be happy to share pricing info with you if you're interested! I wish I had more suggestions for you but I don't know the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area too well. I'm sorry that Sunset Cove is out of your budget. :( we looked into the Seaquarium and liked it but certainly didn't like the price. Good luck! You'll find the perfect spot- don't stress!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may love my venue - Deer Creek Gold Club in Deerfield.  We're having our ceremony outside nextto their waterfall and the reception will be indoors overlooking the waterfall.  their web site is deercreekflorida dot com.  I feel in love the second I saw the place...and it's WAY reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you plan on having? this will help determine what fits in your budget
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! I went through the same thing for 3 months. We went with Jungle Island in Miami. It's a little over your budget, but if you choose a friday or sunday they give you a discount and they coordinator over there is super nice and easy to work with. Don't worry, everything will work out for the best. I honestly was stressing soooo much about the venue as well. We wanted an outdoor offbeat venue and Jungle Island fit the bill!

HTH!!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Deering Estate? I'm getting married there so if you have any questions, let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens. It is about 4 blocks from the beach. The Hilton Bentley is beautiful and on the beach and reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Why don't you try Mattheson Hammocks

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are some places that the FI and I looked into that are in Miami.  HTH!

Exit 66
    http://www.itsbetteronthebeach.com/exit-66/

InterContinental

Nikki Beach
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lighthouse Point Yacht club is in your budget and is where i'm getting married!  Let me know if you need info - but it's amazing we totally fell in love as soon as we went there... right on the intercoastal (we are having outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour and indoor reception).  Very private and you get so much for your money!  The coordinator is amazing too - you would LOVE her :) 
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards