Florida-South Florida

No babies at my wedding! How do I say this?

I have a family friend who I have a feeling will bring their new born baby to our wedding.  How do I say no babies are allowed at my wedding without directly telling her?  Is there something I can put on the invite? 

Re: No babies at my wedding! How do I say this?

• edited December 2011
    Just put "Adult Reception" or "Adult Only Reception" on the invite
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Candis... Adult Only Reception
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same dilema and I just wrote adult only reception at the bottom. I feel bad but its our special day and it should be how we want it to be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wrote adult only ceremony and reception on my wedding website. I put the web address at the bottom of my STD's. HTH!!!
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's against etiquette, but I straight up put no children on one of the inserts on the invitations; I feel comfortable enough with our small group of family and friends to do this. It's also on our website.
  • dana336edana336e member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Question:  What if you are only inviting certain children?  For example, my fiance and I are inviting our nieces and nephews, but we don't want all our cousins and friends to bring their children. 
  • edited December 2011
    I put adult only reception on the invite and then i passed the word around that only 16 yrs old and over are allowed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If someone has a newborn baby, especially if they are breastfed, I would expect that they may decline to attend if they can't bring their infant.  That goes double if they were an out-of-town guest.

I think that if you go to the E board, they're going to tell you that the proper way to do it is to write on the invitations (and RSVP cards!) only the names of the people who are invited.  So you write "Mr. and Mrs. John Doe" and don't put "and family" or anything like that.  Then if they send an RSVP card back with "and Baby Jane" written on it, you're at liberty to call them and explain that Baby Jane isn't invited.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ettiquette is great and dandy... but not in latin weddings. lol. people don't know etiquette and don't follow it. i wrote on my invitation "respectfully, an adult occasion" - even though it turns out kids will be coming to our ceremony.

however, i do agree with pp that if it is a newborn, the parents may decline to attend if they cannot bring their baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards