Florida-South Florida

Checks! Pianist, music selection, and espresso cart -- what's your next vendor?

I can't believe we're so close! FI and I just finalized our piano selections for the ceremony and hired our pianist from Master Musicians. We also hired Aroma Espresso to have an espresso/hot chocolate/tea cart at the reception. We also finalized our menu for the reception!

Next up for vendors (and hopefully the last ones): trolley for the pre-ceremony pictures, flowers and hair/makeup. Those last two I am dreading!

Still have many DIY projects to complete and of course, FI and I have to write the ceremony and vows.  We keep procrastinating on that :)

What vendor are you looking at next?

Re: Checks! Pianist, music selection, and espresso cart -- what's your next vendor?

• twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats. on so many wonderful checks!
  • michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats... you are on a roll!
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oooooo the espresso cart sounds wonderful! I want one now!

I used Master Musicians and they were fabulous, btw. Are you working with Trish? She is GREAT! Make sure you speficy what you want your musicians to wear. Standard is all black, but one of my guys came in a royal blue shirt. Not a big deal, but he did stick out a little.

For hair and makeup I recommend my dream team lol. Melissa Levix for makeup and Brooke Robinson for hair. Melissa.levix@gmail.com and Brob28@gmail.com. I used them both and Joanne just did as well.

For floral....what about Gil?

HTH!

Congrats on all your checks love!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the great checks...If you dont mind what did the pianist run you? I am trying to figure out what I want to do for ceremony music...
  • bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pianist for one hour is $200. Music for Anything was cheaper (I think $150) but they have such horrible reviews about not showing up on time that I decided against it.

Sara - thanks for the tip on the outfit!! I had forgotten to specify that it should be a tux. Our wedding is fairly formal.

I will definitely contact your girls for hair/makeup Sara. They did a great job! :) By the way, on that note, I'm thinking of adding some extensions because I'm afraid my hair won't have enough volume ... yours looked amazing on your day, did you do extensions or did they do that with your natural hair?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and Gil won't call / email me back :( 

I'm considering "y-not flowers" or something like that. We only need personal flowers + about 30 stems of orchids (that Karla will put in our centerpieces) and a fountain arrangement so it's a pretty low-key budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh boo on Gil! I'm so sorry! If it's nothing huge anyway you might as well find someone else.

My hair was all mine. Brooke is AMAZING with volume. I NEVER let peope blowdry my hair at the salon because I HATE the way they do it. I get my hair colored/highlighted every 4 weeks and I go home with it wet every single time because I just hate what they do. That being said....and knowing how crazy picky I am...BROOKE IS AMAZING! She is my best friend since middle school and I would tell her if she sucked lol. She's incredible! She made my hair have so much volume. Her salon is in East Boca if you want to have a trial with her or discuss hair extentions.
  • edited December 2011
    congrats - you are on a ROLL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats... those are great checks!! Less for you to worry about now.

My next vendor to choose is the photographer. I have it narrowed down between two... Joe Casal and Be You Images.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynette you are so far ahead!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah! These are some great checks!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow so many checks!! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards