Florida-South Florida
Options

Food tasting and Set up

Hi Ladies,

I am wondering when is the right time to ask the carter to do a food tasting and Set up? I am five months away and I have a few days off from work now. I wanted to see if it was an ok time to set it up with the carter or is it too early? I am wont have any time off from  work (expect for weekends) until the wedding.  What do you girls think?
Daisypath Wedding tickers
image 157 Invited
image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: March 31

Re: Food tasting and Set up

• Options
    lizzied82lizzied82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my tasting 6 months out! I think you're just fine to ask them to set one up for you now. And btw - it's SO FUN! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did ours at 5 months out. They should work around your schedule. I dont think it's too early at all! Plus u need to know what the menu is before u order invites in case people need to pick one or the other.
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think you can set up your tasting.  We set ours up 10 months before the wedding because at that time, we were trying to decide which caterer to use.
  • Options
    Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours about 4 months out since it was their busy season before that (they're a restaurant/banquet). Considering our tasting was so much fun and it seemed like their full attention was on us, it was completely worth it to wait. If you have the time off try to call them and see if you can schedule it. If you're having seated meal its good to know what options you're selecting to put on the RSVP. We're having a buffet so that's another reason we could wait. HTH! You're gonna enjoy it. Besides the cake tasting it was one of my favorite parts of planning LOL!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that you could do it now especially given your scheduling issues. I'd call and see what they say!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards