Florida-South Florida
Options

sad family drama (vent kind of long)

So tomorrow is my shower and my wedding is in 36 days and instead of my family coming together they are all fighting with each other and I'm caught in the crossfire. I'm so upset about this :(

I have three uncles two of which are crazy and love to fight with everyone, 2 of them aren't speaking to each other and one isn't speaking to my dad. so to make a long story short, 2 of them aren't coming to my wedding, not because they have any issue with me, its because they dont want to see each other. This makes me terribly sad because my god-daughter (also my cousin) will not be at my shower and will only be walking at the church not going to the reception and none of the kids of the 2 crazy uncles are coming, except 1 who is going to be my bridesmaid and she's not even "allowed" to go to my shower because it's being hosted at my "normal" uncle's house and they dont want her there.

I'm the oldest of all the cousins and the first to get married. I've always been the peacemaker and always going out of my way for everyone and now I'm the one being punished for all stupidities of these crazy men!

Thanks for letting me vent girls.

can anyone relate to this?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
imageimage

Re: sad family drama (vent kind of long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! Im so sorry this is happening to you. I have similar drama in my family too, can invite some other troublemakers and poop stirrers no. At the end you have to realize that this is about your day and your Fi and everybody and their BS can take a back seat.... Just focus on you and your day!! I hope you feel better <3
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i can totally relate..my whole family is at war with each other...not sure why..anyways they all said they would go to the wedding...lets see how happy they are when they have to actually be in the same room... (yes i am worried lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! To an extent!

I had the same issue during my Quinces with my uncle, cousin and older brother...

Long story short, none of them went! MY BROTHER DID NOT GO! I was super hurt and sad but at the end of the night still had the time of my life. I take a lot of things to heart (I cry for everything) but was still able to enjoy my night.

Enjoy it with those who do go out to see you, and understand those who can't go (like your god-daughter).... it'll work out! 

<3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! It's sad that this happens but I guess the glass-half-full person in me says the people who love me will be there and the most important person, my Jon, will be there!

I just needed to get that out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    ssolo98ssolo98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Completely can relate! My family drama has been going on since August.  Its started between my mother and brother in law and has pretty much extended to everyone.  Its really bad (Police involvement). Last week my mom said that she will not be at my wedding if my sister is there.  My sister is my MOH!!!  Anyway, I didn't and will never accept that! I think she's clamed down since then but it's crazy planning a wedding through all of this! "(My mom is also paying for my wedding)Trust me you are not alone...
  • Options
    beachbum9901beachbum9901 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bless your heart.. all you can do is enjoy your day with or without them there. Honestly if they can't put aside their own feelings for one day then maybe it's a blessing in disguise they wont be attending.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards