Florida-South Florida
Options

If you DIY your invitations where did you take them to be cut?

I just called Kinko's to ask them if it was better to leave the crop lines in (so they know where to cut) or to erase them and just give them the measurements (5 5/8 x 5 5/8) and they told me to leave the lines but they warn me that their cutting machine is automatic and is always "a little" off so it will not be the exact size! WTF..isn't that the point of paying for having them cut?? Not taking them to kinko's any suggestions? thanks

Re: If you DIY your invitations where did you take them to be cut?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of girls going to Staples and being pleased. Also, the cutting blades are sometimes bent, that's why they're telling you it won't be perfect. Use a ruler and an exacto knife!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used a Fiskar paper cutter from Michael's. It did the job just fine.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I cut them myself.. I have a cutting board.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too used the Fiskar paper cutter for my save the dates. Did the job!
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used a cutter board and did it myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to minuteman press they have great pricing and all my stuff was cut perfectly.
  • Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies..we have a great cutter at the office that is not bent but Im just dumm!! I cant get it right..I was thinking minute man press..does anybody knows if I should print the invitations with the crop lines or without them (for them to cut them) thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im pretty sure Office Depot or Staples will do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards