Florida-South Florida
Options

How late is too late..

Our venue includes Ana Paz as our cake baker. I called her yesterday to see when would be an appropriate time to do the tastings and discuss designs etc.. and she told me to call back sometime in late July or early August!? I found that to be kind of late..
What do you guys think? When have / are you doing the cake tastings and such..

Re: How late is too late..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that makes sense! I did mine early because I am from out of town but maybe she switches her flavors/cakes often?

If you are uncomfortable waiting, explain that you need to have the trial earlier! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine about 2 months out. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    okay so its common i'm assuming to do it closer. I guess i was just over reacting lol
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds about right for a trial, but if you need to get it done earlier ask her.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my cake tasting in January for my April wedding...but I am out of town and I would have done it earlier if I lived in Miami.

You need time to decide whether you love it. If you don't like it, you'll have time to shop around. I say, do it whenever you would feel comfortable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not too sure, but I think I would be okay either way.
  • Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our cake tasting 6 months early, but that is also because we are from out of town.  If we would have been living in the same state as the wedding I would have waited - I've already forgotten what flavors we chose, all I remember is they were good, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards