Florida-South Florida
Options

Studio by Carmen (crying) RANTTTTT!!

Ladies I dont know what to do I am literally so upset that I have tears running down my cheeks!!!

I bid on a Boudoir shoot with Studio by Carmen through a post another knot member listed on this board...I won the session and paid in full immediately ($250 --not like it was nothing) and over a week of emailing them for confirmation etc I just received an email saying that my session would not be honored because they don't do shoots for other photographers (I used to do child shoots to bring in extra cash in between planning Events when I lived in NYC but I now live in the PHILIPPINES!!! so am def not competition if thats what she was worried about...and they only know that because of my email address)...COMPLETE BS and they only shot me a short note to tell me that and then refunded my money without any further explanation!...like hello, just because I have a hobby I'm not going to be able to find a Photographer to shoot my wedding or boudoir or engagement photos??? .It has totally ruined my day.

I know other ppl pn here said they enjoyed her but this experience with Studio by Carmen has been the single most dissaspointing and upsetting part of any vendor/ planning so far.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
imageBabyFetus Ticker

Re: Studio by Carmen (crying) RANTTTTT!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry about that!  That really stinks.  Can you explain to her the situation?? 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy, unprofessional and not nice! Who else will shoot a photographer's wedding/party/event if they are busy? Another one of course, and it should eb a compliment to her that you chose her to do those photos for you.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but thankfully she returned your money and you can go somewhere else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ughh it's so annoying she just sent one email then sent the refund, no reponses to my emails to explain, I even called the office 3 times! (she picked up and said "this is Carmen" I said hi Carmen (she said Hi back) this is Heather.....and then suddenly she "couldn't hear me" and hung up!!!! Then I tried calling back twice and no one picked up!!! WTF!!

This sucks! I had been in contact with her for weeks about a quote for wedding photography and STILL this happens--so freaking ridiculous..especially since the only reason they think I am a photographer is because I replied from an email address that has my old website name (it's the one linked to my paypal for the payment)...like, if I you never knew, t'd have been ok?

Sooo dissappointing!! Cannot WAIT to take my business elsewhere! Ughhh

Thanks for the venting space girls! It really does help...I couldnt tell my FI since it was a surprise and he's my only real friend so far in our new home (we've only been in the Philippines 2 months so far!) and its 3am here...so no one awake to even talk to here :)
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow that sucks!!!! I dont understand what the big deal is to her about you being a photographer on the side.. she should be flattered if anything.

carlos baez is a miami photog and he does boudoir (he calls it nudeoir) lol he is PHENOMENAL!!!!! ..like really amazing work!! i dont have time or funds lol to do a boudoir shoot now since my wedding is in 4 days! but im going to contact him after everything is over.
    check him out. ;)
    http://www.carlosbaez.net/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! That stinks! I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oy!
    That really sucks and doesn't even make sense, like Natalie said....who would shoot another photographers wedding....hmm??
    I don't know what is up with that, but I am sure there are other photographers that do budoir sessions, maybe try the one that PP suggested?
    I am so so sorry.... :(
    BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unbelievable...this is very unprofessional. Sad to see this from a a photographer who has recieved such great reviews on this board.
  • Options
    odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, you may wanna change your email address lol.  Chin up girl- you'll get awesome pictures!

Side note: How cool that you're in the Philippines!  My husband is pinoy- enjoy puto, it always makes me feel better :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree she should take it as a complement and not have been so rude
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately it's not the first sour taste she's left in a knotties mouth.  There are tons of equally if not more talented photogs out there.  Don't be too bummed.  The situation sucks.  But everything happens for a reason. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is crap.  Does it say that somewhere in the rules of the contest that "photographers" would be inelegible?  Hanging up the phone on you is just plain nasty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. While I have nothing but good things to say about her, there ARE other photogs out there and I'm not sure if I feel her excuse stands.

I know Crystal Fielding comes highly recommended for boudoir shoots if you wanna check her out.

Good luck and chin up girl.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oy that sucks!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry this happened to you hun. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Girls!! I feel much better after a few hours of sleep and looking at the website of other B-shoot photogs :)
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Dana JRDana JR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about that photographer but I've also heard very bad things about her. I don't know about you but the last thing I want to deal with I'm half naked it someone's nasty attitude. Consider it a blessing. You can do better. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She hung up on you? Are you kidding me?!  How unprofessional! I've been trying to figure out who to have do my b-pics and album, and I'm definitely going to take this into consideration!  I'm so sorry that happened to you!
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg, im so sorry to hear this happened to you, but remember everything happens for a reason. You will find someone great for your pic. You should check out JPSoto Photography. Him and his wife are amazing!!  I think they are doing a contest on FB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HOLY HELL apparently she just posted something on her website talking crap about me because I posted this rant, saying I'm SELFISH for sharing my eperience & spining this to sound like I am the reason she doesnt do more charity work and that I'm spitting in the face of Breast Cancer charities! I mean, HOW is it possible for someone I don't know to make me this upset???

I am shaking right now. Arent I entitled to be able to share my vendor experiences!?
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards