Florida-South Florida

Every last detail now done

Unless changes arise or something unexpected pops up (which I assume will happen) everything is picked out, chosen, booked and paid for (with the exception of a few vendors whose balances arent due until a month before the wedding)

Because of a few vendors, I actually came in close to $7000 UNDER my budget. Thanks so much Pink Pussycat florist, Studio M events and Plantation Golf Club for having the BEST prices in town and being so easy to work with.

I cant say that all the planning was easy, but it definitely wasn't as stress inducing as my first wedding was, and I actually had fun along the way. Picking out all of our must play and dont play songs this week was really fun, and Im ecstatic with the pink gown I got. Everything fell into place.

The wedding isnt for several months, but Ill give my reviews once its all done.

Re: Every last detail now done

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you! When's the big day?

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    in April. I dont want to give out the exact date, because you never know what might happen - ive heard horror stories about other people cancelling brides' services. 
  • JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am impressed!!! I am getting married in April and I am not even half way done. I think its great that you were about to stay under your budget. I have tired but things in Miami are way too expensive! Congrats!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great you're all done!!! Congrats

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, all. Hey Jude, (sorry, I couldnt resist!) I think the key is to make decisive choices and not second guess yourself. Hire who you feel comfortable with, don't meet with 40 vendors, because you'll just stretch out your decision. Gut instinct really helps.
  • edited December 2011
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_last-detail-now-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:6bc2e910-bf10-4a5d-b4bb-0a614602306bPost:a790e1bf-056a-452c-b0fb-9765c17f3cd9">Re: Every last detail now done</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL!
    Posted by WeAreGs[/QUOTE]
    +1.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    haha!

congrats on those fast checks. Surprised that youre all done even though your wedding is 4 months away. must feel nice!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your checks.....what pink dress did you decide to go with we would love to see pics!!

• edited December 2011
    Ayayay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The dress is not EXACTLY like, but nearly identical to this:

Mine has a sash around the waist and a little less embroidery on the corset,

Pamela, thanks, and as I said earlier, if you attack the things straight ahead and dont trip yourself up by second guessing your initial decisions, its not that tough. Plus, this is my second wedding (did a big one about 7 years ago then divorced 6 months later.. yuk.)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an April bride too! 

Where did you buy your dress? I have a friend looking for something similar also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That is amazing that you are done so soon! I'm an April bride as well and still have so much to do. Did you use a planner? I'm impressed.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Got the dress in Chicago at a shop called Elite Designs. My sister lives closeby...

Raquel, no, not a planner, though I did hire day of coordination for the wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How did it go with studio M events?  i'm considering them and wanted to know

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards