Florida-South Florida
Options

Eyelash Extensions

Has anyone on here gotten them? What do you think of them?

I have an appointment on Thursday morning to get them and I'm kind of excited but kind of nervous.
:: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::

Re: Eyelash Extensions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hiii never gotten them but super interested in them!
    Let me know how it all goes and good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd rather just use Latisse!  It might take a few weeks but at least it's your own eyelashes that grow and get thicker.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have always looked into them but never done it! Let us know!!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just use falsies whenever I want that dramatic look.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never done them but seen them done.. i think they look so pretty but im scared they would bother me.. i tried fake ones and i couldnt stand them 1 minute! LOL
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want to get then for my big day!  Where are you getting them?  How much are you paying?  Give us a review when you're done, would love to hear about your experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried the semi permanent eyelash extensions at a nail salon in dolphin mall and it was a NIGHTMARE! You need to be very careful what kind of glue they use because it can cause major irritation or allergic reaction like it did to me. I went back to have them removed and it was extremely painful. Sorry don't mean to scare you but it was THAT bad of an experience and I would never recommend it. By the way I wouldn't consider myself to have very sensitive eyes because I sleep with my contacts all the time and have never gotten an infection (knock on wood). My advice would be to just stick to the regular falsies that last one day and are applied with a much more gentle glue. HTH :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceci, thank you for your review!

I've been using falsies but they never stay on for long. And I don't want to use Latisse because it darkens your eyes (or may turn them brown) and I don't want that either. I've use a product similar to Latisse but it didn't do anything.

I think I'm gonna still go through with it, but I'll be very cautious. The place I'm going to has a sale right now.. it's $75 with free touchups once a week. They also replace any lashes that have fallen out in a 2 month period.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to see a before and after picture!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did my make-up trial this past weekend and had them put on for the first time. They felt odd at first, but after about 30 minutes I got use to them. They looked SOOOO good and dramatic, I will definitely be wearing them at the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how it goes. I am thinking of buying the single lashes and only going to use a few to give a more simple dramatic look.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lynette, with that price point I would assume they are using better quality products than what was used on me. I think I paid around $30 and hence why my eyes reacted to the glue. Just make sure to look at their products I would never want anyone I know to go through that. I'm just paranoid lol I'm sure you will be fine positive vibes your way ;)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lynette,  I've used Latisse and it works great!  Not to get all educational on you but, since it has been out for the use of lengthening eyelashes, there is not one report of any patient complaining of iris pigmentation (chaning of the color of your eye).  Basically, the active ingredient in Latisse was used in a glaucoma medication, which is how they discovered it lengthened lashes (and also could change iris pigmentation), but you have to remember that's because it was going directly onto your eye when used for that purpose.  When used in Latisse it is going onto your eyelid.  I have very light blue eyes and have never had a problem.  I also work in the field and haven't had one complaint about it since it came out.  It might be a more comfortable longer-term, less irritating solution.... just some food for thought!! Laughing
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards