Florida-South Florida
Options

Overwhelmed...!!

I am beginning to feel extremely overwhelmed now with all of the things that have to be done for my wedding. I just keep thinking about how much I have to do this summer in order to have everything set for my wedding in a few months. Is anyone using a wedding planner or are most of you doing everything yourselves?

Re: Overwhelmed...!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I already got married, buttt I can talk from experience, I did not have a wedding planner, although I wish I would have invested the money that way I or my close family members would noy have to be running around.

HTH :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many girls are using a Day of Coordinator but I think (not sure yet) that I will be doing everything myself. That being said, I have plenty of time to get it all done. If you are crunched for time, think about hiring a planner or a DOC. It's a great investment that will keep you sane and be a wonderful asset to your wedding day.

There are plenty of recommendations floating around if you're interested in hiring a planner. A Knottie favorite is Danielle Pearson. She is absolutely fantastic and who I plan to hire if I chose to go the DOC route.

In the meantime, don't stress! You can get it all done, with or without a planner! Let us know if you need any help!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Faith; most ladies use a DOC(Day of Coordinator) and Danielle is one of the favorites on here(Her facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DPEvents).
    I've done everything myself and having Danielle take care of details the month of. I think you have plenty of time finding vendors since you are 8 months or so out(from your bio).

My suggestion is: get the bigger things out of the way first. Things like venue, photographer, DJ, Florist, and Cake or Videographer if you are having one. Everything else will fall into place after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing everything myself and just hiring someone to help with the logistics the day of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • Options
    clong166clong166 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going to try to stick it out myself and get the bigger things out of the way first. Anyone have a good DOC to recommend? I think assistance will be beyond necessary on the big day!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_overwhelmed-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:6e2480cb-992f-44ee-89b1-ba9cbb6317a3Post:842fa222-edda-4635-9ed1-4d4b9fb701e3">Re: Overwhelmed...!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I am going to try to stick it out myself and get the bigger things out of the way first. Anyone have a good DOC to recommend? I think assistance will be beyond necessary on the big day!
    Posted by clong166[/QUOTE]
    Danielle Pearson! You can find her on Facebook under: Danielle Pearson Events. <a href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/DPEvents">http://www.facebook.com/#!/DPEvents</a>

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you feel this way!! I hired Danielle for my big day because she's awesome and knows what she's doing. I hired her because I didn't want to be running around the day of making sure everything was set up and worrying about the details. The last thing I wanted was to be stressed on my big day. I say if you have the money in your budget and don't wanna worry about every detail then hire a DOC.
  • Options
    clong166clong166 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely awesome advice! I think a DOC will work within my budget, so I will look into Danielle. Thanks so much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards