Florida-South Florida
Options

I've Been MIA

Good Morning Girls,

I've been MIA the last few weeks and wanted to stop in and say hi. After WMC, I just got totally out of wedding mode, and now I'm back, with some big changes on the horizon.

FI and I realized that the big wedding we were planning just isn't feasible for us. It's too much of an added expense on our lives and at the end of the day, even if I had the money, I'd rather spend it on other things.

That being said, we're probably either doing a courthouse wedding, followed by a nice dinner with family and friends, or a very small and intimate ceremony followed by dinner. My mom wants us to run off to Vegas... I'm keeping that option on the back burner.

But I'm sticking around to plan my small wedding dinner and of course, to watch all you lovely ladies get married and see all your beautiful weddings come together.

XOXO.

Re: I've Been MIA

• Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on making the decision I know it a tough one...no matter how small it is. itll be perfect for you and that alllllll that matters
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Steph! I know it was tough decision to make, glad you made the best decision for you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was a big decision and congrats on making the right one for you guys. No matter what you guys end up doing will be perfect because it will be about you to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say Congrats on your decision! I love the wedding we are going to have, but in hindsight I would have used the money for a house and had a small intimate wedding.  

Glad to see you are back---i think everyone has been on a little less lately.  Spring is busy :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph! Truly a wise decision, and it fits what you want, so all the better! Your wedding will be beautiful whether here or in Vegas, and if at the end of the day you're happy, that's all that matters!

Yay for staying active!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm sure you made the right decision for you guys.  Whatever you decide to do it will be just perfect.  we wish we would have done the same thing!

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.

You know, the number one thing I hear from girls that have already gotten married (not necessarily from this board) is that if they could do it all again, they would do something really small and buy a house or travel, or anything else instead.

As much as I wanted the wedding, I was doing it because I wanted to have a fun party with all my family and friends, and for me, $12k for a party is just not in the books. I'd rather do something small with those closest to me, and party it up Ralph & Stephanie Style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good for you Steph!!!!!
    ....I know, no matter what, your wedding will be beautiful because of the love you two share!!
    congrats and never leave us! <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    rosel80rosel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we hadn't already put deposits down on our venue almost a year ago I think I would have done something very low key as well.  I think your plan sounds perfect!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph, you're gonna have a beautiful wedding no matter what!! You do what works for you both!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph! Yay for coming back...I agree with all the girls, you've made the decision that's best for you, and that's what counts. Either way everything will be beautiful!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey Steph..I know what you mean thats why we ended up for a DW...we are in the process of looking for a new house. WHatever wedding you choose to have whether it's a dinner or vegas it will be beautiful!! best of luck. =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome back! Whatever you decision is it will be what is best for you two! Good luck and you know what is best.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards