Florida-South Florida
Options

Jillian or jamie

Hi ladies, So as i spoke to you about whitespace. I still haven't gone to see it which i need to. but just wanted your prespective on somethings. what was it that you liked about it and what did you not like about it? How the parking situations? What does it look like when you drive up to the place? Like are guest going to think they are lost because of where its located? What do you really think?
TIA
Z

Re: Jillian or jamie

• Options
    edited December 2011

Ok so from the outside it looks like NOTHING. So unsuspecting. But there is a ton of parking. Not sure if they have some kind of cool outdoor space int he back but I don't think it's that cool outside. It looks like a warehouse... what was cool about it is how it's a total blank canvas so you can do ANYTHING.

That COULD mean planning a really cool event and making it EXACTLY what you want but on the flip, that COULD be really expensive. I don't know b/c I used a venue for my wedding that was very much inclusive.

I could imagine that if you had to bring EVERYTHING in from draping to napkins to silverware to catering it COULD potentially be very expensive. But I'm not sure, PERHAPS you could find all that stuff at great prices and have a really cool wedding on a budget? I'm REALLY not sure. I'd call and talk tot eh guy or girl that run it b/c they probably KNOW what can be done w/ the space and what it might approximately cost.

I will say that from the outside you'd NEVER expect it to be something exciting or nice.

THAT COULD make for a great SURPRISE factor. Not sure what exactly you are going for.
    Call them.

HTH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks jamie, i don't want draping, my colors are black and white(maybe damask) haven't decided. with red and yellow followers. i want to keep it very ny sheek, i know i want lighting and pinspots on cps going for maybe black lamp shades on tall vases and some with low flowers and ton tons of candle light. Also want some white lounge furniture. so pretty much keeping it modern as much as possible. yeah, i think my worry was more of the outside it being adeterrent. Oh, yeah it would be a nice element of suprise.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    def check it out!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I have to agree with Jaime on all points, the outside was rather drab and you'd have no idea how large it is inside from looking at it.
    BUT the inside was so cool, very much NY loft like and modern. 

Its neat that it will be totally your own to work with and the people who own it could do all of your lighting and furniture for you. I also dont know how expensive it would be.

It was a tad difficult for us to find and I did send Jaime on a wild goose chase. The outside looks like an industrial park. Its the inside thats special and thats something you'll have to figure out is worth it or not to you. I personally loved how large it was, but it was very inclusive. No windows and no where else to go. 

If I had to throw a party again I'd definitely look into it bc I bet it looks amazing all decorated. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Let us know how it goes :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board