Florida-South Florida
Options

I fear for my RD

... FSIL wants to send out e-invites and let people wear jeans. Mind you we have a CHURCH rehearsal and dinner at a five star restaurant. WHY OH WHY. 

Vibes for me RD? lmao
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I fear for my RD

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is FSIL hosting and/or paying for your RD?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hope they are dressier jeans! lol

Vibes for your RD!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephanie - no. My inlaws are. And I know what you are going to say - let them do what they want?? lol

HECK NO. Not when my parents are putting on a black tie affair for their family (obviously ours too... but you get what I mean) and this is all they are contributing :x 

I will be utterly embarrassed if evites go out.

P.s. she is throwing me a bridal shower next weekend and the invites for that are only going out tomorrow. Yep. I havne't said a peep 'bout that. 

Like I told Jen... the bridezilla has arrived!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Teresa, let your inner bridezilla out! lol   You can always blame it on the pregnancy hormones!! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rose - I think they are sick of that excuse! LOL. I was a really sweet bride for the past year and a half .. yeah, with 44 days left ... sweet bride has left the building. lmao 

• Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    matt and i will stand at the doors of the church and be your bouncers! no denim in the church allowed. i mean, can't you take ONE NIGHT out of your jeans? and don't get me started on evites. i'll get some construction paper and start coloring them for her. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danielle. i <3 you. 44 daysssssssss.
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    44 DAYS TILL WE EAT CAKE AND DANCE ALL NIGHT LOVEY!
    this lady ain't gonna drag us down. nothing can stop this amazing wedding from being absolutely PERFECT.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good luck on that and I agree you should blame it on the hormones! I know im gonna take advantage of that LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on the RD!  Let out the BRIDEZILLLA!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While I don't agree with the jeans at a 5 star resort, I've got to ask if maybe they wanted to keep it more casual to contrast with the formalness of your wedding?

After all, the RD is supposed to be a time for the bride's and groom's family's to mingle and feel comfortable before the big day.

Can you maybe throw out the suggestion (maybe FI can even be the one to say it) that it would be better if they at least had paper invites? Throw out the suggestion that your family would be offended by evites after all the money they've put into your wedding.

No, I'm not below throwing the low blows. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gator - they picked a five star restaurant. sorry butwho picks one of the best places to eat (la parma shout out for my LI girls!) then wears jeans? lol not for nothing, i feel totally fine "mingling" in a nice pair of pants and a decent shirt. :) BUT ... we are dealing with another bred here :x and FI is allllll over it.... bwahah. lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm totally agreeing that 5 star and jeans just do not mesh! I was hoping to uncover some as-yet-unforetold miraculous reason that they might have chosen this arrangement.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This entire post and the answers made me LOL HARD.  Love you ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards